Technical sporting 1.2 knocking and whining

Currently reading:
Technical sporting 1.2 knocking and whining

my poor new sporting lol

seems to run fine.

but when first started it makes a knocking sound, makes it most at about 2k revs and then stops after about 30 seconds, but does it every now and again.

and makes a whining noise all the time.

not sure where its coming from... maybe from behind the engine drivers side.

erm? alternator? my old 55 used to sound like it had a supercharger at higher revs, that was the bearings, tho a sporting will have a power steering pump on drivers side as well so maybe maybe not. the knocking is from the drivers side too?

erm? alternator? my old 55 used to sound like it had a supercharger at higher revs, that was the bearings, tho a sporting will have a power steering pump on drivers side as well so maybe maybe not. the knocking is from the drivers side too?

im not sure where the whining is coming from... but i think the knocking is from rear of engine drivers side, but tbh, i dont have a clue? i didnt notice either when i bought the car.

is the oil light on for a while when you start it or does it go straight out? (current 85 it goes straight out but on my 55 after 26k of flat out beasting it stayed on for 5-10 seconds and was accompanied by knocking until it went out)

is the oil light on for a while when you start it or does it go straight out? (current 85 it goes straight out but on my 55 after 26k of flat out beasting it stayed on for 5-10 seconds and was accompanied by knocking until it went out)

il have to look... but i dont like running it, cos it doesnt sound good, so thats why i dont really know anything about it! cos i dont want to keep running it and break it more

hmm.....my old car ran smooth as, once it was over the initial start up but one cold morning i literally got out to look if anything had fallen out of the bottom when i started it, it sounded that bad on a -5 start up, engines with heavy wear i.e. ones that have been thrashed (like 75-90% of sportings) take longer to build oil pressure also have worn internals so can sound like a bag of spanners on start up, if its the green one on your sig and you bought it like that i'd put money on it having had a hard life just because of the mods

hmm.....my old car ran smooth as, once it was over the initial start up but one cold morning i literally got out to look if anything had fallen out of the bottom when i started it, it sounded that bad on a -5 start up, engines with heavy wear i.e. ones that have been thrashed (like 75-90% of sportings) take longer to build oil pressure also have worn internals so can sound like a bag of spanners on start up, if its the green one on your sig and you bought it like that i'd put money on it having had a hard life just because of the mods

well the car does run smooth but with the knocking, but it doesnt sound like its in the engine if you get me, it sounds like a plastic cover hitting something as a belt goes round or something? but not sure.

and yes it is the green one but it was standard when i got it but it was an ex boy racer car (had amp wiring kits fitted, rear bumper cut out for an exhaust, wrong exhaust fitted (from a 1.6) so it probably has had a hard life, but i think most sportings have as you said.

hmm if its not in the block the moving parts on the drivers side outside the engine are the timing belt, and the drive belts for your alternator and power steering, the one closest the fire wall is the alternator and the power steering lives close to the radiator check the belts aren't being fowled by anything.

Back