Sportex exhaust: do or dont?

Currently reading:
Sportex exhaust: do or dont?

G

Greg Crisp

Hey guys, my exhaust centre box went last nite so thinking of a sportex system, good value at £150 or rubbish? Going for 3" tailpipe same as my old magnex rear box.

exhaust size?

ive been offered a nearly new brava 1.2 exhaust system for £20. It matches all fixings but will it restrict a 1.6? i know theres only 0.4cc difference and bore is the same. The rear box dosent do the weird wrap around effect that my old one did. Any ideas on this one?

Hi Greg,

IMO i wouldn't think it would restrict it just check that it is the right bore where the mid section fits on to the cat back, i have a sportex that was bought for my old 1.8 hlx which had to be butchered to fit my 155hgt at that point and its been on there for 4-5 mths now with No issues...

Only thing a i will say is for the sportex mine snaped at where the mid section meets the back box just after 12mths of having it so they dont always last long... i still have no back box now just a piece of pipe from where it broke to the bumper sounds niccccceeeee lol

P010810_075601.jpg

@karl you still coming down monday with mike to meet jordon and myself?

if in doubt, give it a clout

easy go to a custom exhaust shop get them to take centre box out an replace it with a pipe, cost ya about 50 notes,

Exhaust

Thanks for the feedback. Ive always been in too sporty exhausts on my cars, had lots of janspeed, magnex, scorpion, ashley over the years and was always surprised that bravo/a didnt get more options in exhaust brands. Im going into mates garage first thing tomorrow to check whats got the hole, then see if he can spot weld it like my laguna last year. After doing all the suspension and brakes recently id like to stop spending for a bit!