Technical Sport button function editing

Currently reading:
Technical Sport button function editing

Martinlfb

Morning all
This might sound a bit mad but is it possible, with MultiECUScan etc, to only have the "Sport" throttle map but without the weighted-up steering?

I quite like the extra low-down poke with the Sport button engaged but really not a fan of the falsely weighted steering which feels non-linear and slower to respond to me.

Many thanks
Martin

not than I can spot

although I dont often use multiecuscan and may have missed something

Screenshot (145).png
Screenshot (146).png
Screenshot (147).png

As I understand it, the 100HP uses the same steering as other Pandas but the controls default to full power assistance, whereas other models default is low assistance. I might be wrong, but suspect you'd be disappointed by the mods.

IMO the Sport setting does little more than making the throttle more aggressive. Power seems to be much the same either way. Again I could be wrong, but doubt anything fancy was done to develop "Sport" mode.

had a quick look at how the signals from the dash controls the electric power steering

unfortunately the button on the dash only tells the body computer its been pressed.

this then tells the engine control unit and electric power steering via a serial data. link. There no easy way to separate the throttle response and power steering

not even sure if changing the column would work. Fairly sure the 100hp steering column isn't unique. Have to look back at some old posts where someone needed a 100HP column. I remembered looking it up as a reconditioned 100HP are sold for considerably more. Memory is a bit foggy as it wasn't needed in the end. Either 4x4 or diesel were the same part number and software was the only difference.

Thanks for your responses. I have resorted to engaging the Sport button at low speeds and flicking it off when pressing on. The steering doesn't feel reassuring at speed at all.

Maybe, you could fit a stalk switch in parallel to the dash-mounted switch that's easier to reach. That said, the wires are extremely fine so be VERY careful.

Interestingly I hate the throttle response in sport mode and the steering response doesn't really fuss me either way.
With sport off the throttle response is a bit too flat, but far better than sport.

Give me a normal old skool cable throttle any day 😎

Back