General Spitting on my Punto

Currently reading:
General Spitting on my Punto

mattaius

Any ideas helpful.

Someone keeps spitting/gozzing/grebbing on my car every day. I have quite a nice metallic blue MK2 Punto with a nice kit and nice wheels.

When I finish work and go to my car to drive home, it's there. Yesterday I found a doggy bag in the front grill.

Except from parking elsewhere, how the hell can I find out who it is and how do i stop them??!

Park elsewhere its a no-win. Even if you catch them their mates will only come back & give it a kickin.

Or get a scruffy car/bike for work and keep the Punto at home.

What whitesei said...be careful, better spit than dents/scratches don't you think?

Alternatively...get a cam and see if you can put it against the windscreen recording "has to be able to record for long enough"...when you've caught the culprit...get someone ELSE to sort em out a few weeks later so they don't assume it's you...

I hate people like that, ironically my mate has a Grande Punto in Blue and had the same done to his, they were just lucky we were in traffic at the time "yep they did it whilst driving:mad:"

Birds leaving presents - dont park under the tree!!
or move

as for the spitting - Keep cleaning it off - dont let some **** ruin your paintwork

But yes if you can see who's doing it - report it to the police, if you have a video of it too
Means there they could have a Kind word with them

Ziggy

And when you go back to work they'll have some mates take a crowbar to the car.

In any case it might be some grumpy old bloke with a jack russel and dementia like Paul Whitehouse plays on TV. Then what will you do?

Park it elsewhere.

Last edited:
You could always collect the gob/spit take it to forensics and get it DNA tested then get the rozzers to do a search on the PNC database then when they find the little toe rag they could pin his eyeballs back like Clockwork Orange and show him pics of blue Punto's all week while blasting out 'just one cornetto!" at a million watts. He won't go anywhere near one then!
As for the doggy bag maybe its a very tidy but half blind pooch clearing his own mess up.

Juvenile behaviour , park it somewhere else until they get bored.
Are you sure it's only your car? What about the ones around you and do you park it in the same place always and are there any bird perches overhead or a handy window?

Its been suggested a few times :)

In a previous life I lived near a lawn mower factory. They had a huge car park at the back but office workers didnt like walking all the way to the front so parked on the streets. Some would block driveways and all sortsof daft stuff. The locals got really p****d off.

One day a (not a bit nutty) bloke got seriously wound up and went stomping about threatening to get his baseball bat out to the cars. He didn't actually do anything, but my neighbour called security anyway.

Office workers were out within seconds to move their cars.
The streets were quiet for weeks. :D

It didn't start as a joke no... I wondered what humour some people would bring to it though!

I park near work, near a housing estate but not next to anyones house. The most obvious thing to do would be to park elsewhere, although I'd much rather catch the little sod at it. I have booked a day off on Friday and I will be hiding in my car from 9am until 6pm in the boot, and as soon as I hear them, they will get an almight surprise. And possibly a good kick up the arse/broken leg or three. Other than that, I did like the Clockwork Orange idea, brilliant.

Must be a better way to spend a day off - if it was my last day on the planet I would not spend it in a car boot and you never know when your last day will be.
It's not worth getting worked up about or escalating - always ends in tears.

Back