Technical Spi cold idle speed?

Currently reading:
Technical Spi cold idle speed?

dac69er

Established member
This may be normal, I can't honestly remember!?!?

Anyway, when the engine is cold the idle speed is exactly the same as when it is warmed up?
Is this normal? Most cars run a touch quicker when cold and settle down to the normal idle speed as they come up to temp.

Car starts and idles perfectly fine under all conditions. It is a bit spluttery if I rev the car as soon as it starts, but alot of cars would do that anyway.

Is this normal? Any ideas on what could cause this? Everything looks fine on MES, water temp starts off cold and then increases to expected temps as it warms up.

Completely normal, are you used to carbs rather than injection?

D

always had injection (other than motorbikes).

my other cars all have a faster idle speed when cold which then settles down as it warms up. my cinq just starts and idles from cold at the same speed as if it was fully warmed up???

i cant remember if it was always like this or not!?!?

Fair enough. I just can't remember it doing that before but always driving different cars so tend to forget what does what!

Is said, it runs and drives perfectly ok so wasn't that fussed. Just wanted to make sure it was working as it Should!

the engine speed is directly dependent on the coolant temperature.
At most it is cold, at most the engine speed will be high and will drop as the coolant temperature will increase.

Back