General Speedo question

Currently reading:
General Speedo question

Just a quick question. My speedo stopped working. Changed the sensor and still nothing. Somebody mentioned to check the solder connections on the back of the speedo. What is the best way to pull the speedo to check?

Thanks
Andrew

there are 4 inbus bolts on speedo cover, remove that and pull out whole thing out. and lower steering wheel to bottom as much possible. from behind you will see 3 wide wire plugs, remove them by pressing button on plugs. maybe is unpluges by vibrations or something... but first try to press reset mileage button few time. there is some section here on forum how to fix that.

WARNING! Disconnect the battery and leave to stand for AT LEAST 10 MINUTES. I tend to leave for 20 to 30 mins.

If you don't then you are likely to get airbag warning errors as the residual charge in the airbag control unit (CU) will be sufficient for the CU to detect that the warning lights on the dashboard are no longer functioning as expected! You may then have to take the car to a dealer to have the fault reset. They WILL charge you a full diagnostic and function test fee because your car has to leave them safe and they have to legally cover themselves. This will not come cheap!

Well I always dissconnect the battery before I work on my B. Not worried about resetting the airbag anymore....last week purchased a "Ominspect" Fastcheck and reset it myself. Works like a charm.

YUL:)

Not worried about resetting the airbag anymore....last week purchased a "Ominspect" Fastcheck and reset it myself. Works like a charm.

YUL:)

Tell me more.. :), where did you buy one and how much was it?

-b97

Purchased it off Ebay........with shipping to Canada it was 179 pounds. I had no choice there are no Fiat dealers in North America to reset the air bag light.

Yul

Back