Speeding Doblo (van?)

Currently reading:
Speeding Doblo (van?)

colingel

Just got speeding ticket through door

Offence Excess speed goods vehicle -50mph Single carriageway at a speed of 57mph

Van is a 1.3 multijet surely not covered under lgv speed limits same as transits etc.

Really need this clarified can anyone advise or tell me where to go for advise.

Regards Colin

Re: Speeding Doblo

See the "sticky"
As far as I can tell, if its a van and registered as a van, its subject to commercial limits.
You are not much over and although you have had a ticket they still might not prosecute.
Just wait and see, best of luck.

Re: Speeding Doblo

The law seems to say up to 2000kg This Doblo weights 2000kg Where is the cut off point ??

But the Doblo isn't a car derived van like a Punto or Corsa van, it'll likly be a panel van. Looks like it'll be upto and including 2000kg then. What is the reg of the Doblo in question if you don't mind me asking (could PM it if you don't want to post it openly) and I'll check how it's registered for you if you want?

You got legal cover on your insurance?

Last edited:
Van reg is SM56BEJ
Any help would be great would like to get it sorted as we seriously had no idea about this. Have taken legal advise and lawyer says we are 100% right but I cant believe they would send out ticket without checking first.Other problem is to fight this in court the court would be more than 400 miles from us
Cheers Colin

According to the 'my car check' app I've just popped your number plate into as I suspected the Doblo shows as 'Body Style - PANEL VAN', which is how it'll show on the V5C :(

Is your legal aid saying your 100% right on the assumption it's a car derived van, or are they still saying your right even if it is a Panel Van?

EDIT: it's also noted as N1 Type Approval which according to here is 'vehicles used for the carrage or goods' - http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_category

Last edited:
Not convinced by lawyer
One that we get help from as part of our membership of the chamber of commerce.
This could then mean that all doblo and ford connects etc are affected.
Talked to Vosa yesterday they couldnt help !!!
Talked to two traffic cops they didnt know !!!!
Its a minefield.!!!

Indeed all Doblo Vans, transit connects an even Renault Kangoo Vans are affected as all I'd have thought are panel vans.

I think this has been covered on here before with the Doblo so might be worth a search. I'm sure it might have cropped up even where someone with the car version might also have been clobbered due to the 'type approval' of the vehicle.

I see what you are saying Even the car version comes under this ??
Think it is time we where informed better ie on reg documents or something

Yes, I think there might have been one or two cases with the car version, possibly where they were registered incorrectly when new. I've just checked a Doblo cars reg (from one for sale on eBay) though and it comes up as MPV and type approval AA, which is correct and means its got a 60mph limit instead of 50 (unless towing).

Last edited:
Thanks for your help Looks like we are beat have option of going on speed awarness course and that avoids points and fine
Its just a nuisance when you get done for something you didnt know about
Its a crazy rule But he ho it is the UK !!!!

Thanks for your help Looks like we are beat have option of going on speed awarness course and that avoids points and fine
Its just a nuisance when you get done for something you didnt know about
Its a crazy rule But he ho it is the UK !!!!

Ignorance isn't an excuse :).

Ignorance isn't an excuse :).

Do actually realise that ignorance is not an excuse !!

Was keen on bringing to the attention of Forum in the hope that it helps some one else.

It was sitting next to my son who was driving and did think he was within the law (Just shows how ignorant I am ) LOL

Back