speakers for the back...any suggestions?

Currently reading:
speakers for the back...any suggestions?

hi guys, haven't posted in here in a bit (except for the GP HU thread that got moved)

i need some speakers for the back, had complaints form passengers saying its to Bass-ey back there, where as in the front it sounds niiiiiice

tried connecting the factory speakers to the amp in the back, they get lost at about 30% lolol

atm in the front i've got diamond audio hex s600's running off of a 4 channel vibe space-box amplifier, and a vibe space 12" running off of a jbl GTO-14001e

and at the moment sound fantastic up front with excellent balance, quality is ace, and clarity is good.

had a sit in the back, and for the same settings that yield "Nice" in the front give overpowered by bass in the back.

i did try and put my old set of vibe QB69's in the rear quarters, but errm yeah, that wasn't going to happen...

so suggestions on a set of 6.5" please? not bothered new or used...

thanks(y)

Active means running each speaker seperate using an active x-over rather than the passive x-over provided with the component set. I.e tweeters off 2 channels and woofers off 2 channels.
By going active you will hve more scope for tuning the speakers individually. Simply because the woofers need more power to get them wanging than the teeny tiny tweeters. Therefore more volume or SQ (whatever way you want to take it) and no need for rear speakers. Im suggesting that you go active for more volume

Last edited:
Back