speaker wiring help?

Currently reading:
speaker wiring help?

bu22er

hi guys im new to all of the in car audio bits but i thought i was doing well when i managed to get my 6 x 9 wiring to the back of the headunit only there doesn't seem to be an easy way to just plus it in, any ideas of ways to do it? i currently have a block for the other speak wiring. but i wanted to change all my wiring to jack plugs in lieu of a new headunit at some point

sorry if it seems very simple but i've gota start somewhere

with my current headunit it runs through a block, iso block i think there called? however the new headunit runs of the white and red jack plugs is there an adaptor i could use?

right this is the headunit i intend on gettinghttp://www.wedodigital.co.uk/product/2076/dvd-head-unit/meos-mc701b/

but my speakers are currently connected by the standerd block connector that the puntos come with, without alot of soildering is there an easy way to connect them?

do you mean cutting and then crimping them together kind of thing?

yea make up some spade connecters or something similar and using the male RCA plug from a lead (i just use my old playstation one) connect them to your existing speaker wires

im not 100% sure but i don't think so, i was just wondering if it would be worth the effort but the way you've suggested seems pretty viable so thanks alot ill have a go when the weathers right

No worries

This picture doesn't seem to show any power, remote, aerial wires etc. so it must come with another loom and my bet is that the normal speaker wire your looking for will be on that one.(y)

Look at the package contents pic

Look further down the page where it shows the unit and its accesories :devil:
It has an ISO loom pictured and also says "ISO Block Cable"
The RCA's that the OP was referring to are just for connecting to external devices. Nothing to do with the power and such like.

In all honesty i wouldnt waste your money on those units. They have a very short life and are very low quality.

but my promblem is that i'd line the alpine version that does all of that but funds won't permit it any time soon

I would like a mansion but i havnt gone and bought a derelict industrial building because its the same size as one. :p
The units do nothing well and the Alpine equivelant last 3 times longer, ergo they are cheap for a reason. You really do get what you pay for in Mobile Audio.
Spend that amount of money on something that doesnt have useless gimmicks that you will use once and forget about and you will be laughing. A good head units sound quality will be night and day over those cheap DVD units (y)

Yea volxstu has a very good a point. Personally I would get something a bit more up there even if it doesn't have all the bells and whistles. I guess it all comes down to how serious you are with your car audio

well i just want it to have all the bells and whistles for the cheapist price at the moment to be honest so this suites me perfect atleast for now. thanks guys

well i just want it to have all the bells and whistles for the cheapist price at the moment to be honest so this suites me perfect atleast for now. thanks guys

That statement is wrong on so many levels. I have tried to advise you on how truly awful these units are and how short their life is (could even be minutes). But its your money and you will do what you want. (y)
Its just a shame that when people come on forums and go ahead and buy this tat despite being warned, they are to embarrassed to come back and share how poor they actually are.

I will part this thread with my favorite Idiom "If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys"

haha i like that one to be fair, you were right it does come with a loom with iso conector, its in an working perfectly thanks for your help guys

Back