Speaker Volume\Wiring

Currently reading:
Speaker Volume\Wiring

bobbyt

I've just put a new Sony cd changer in my Punto and i'm having problems with the volume\speakers. Basically, it doesnt go to loud before the speakers start to distort the sound. So i wipped the covers off to have a look at the speakers thinking they'd be crappy factory ones but there not, there some big chunky Kenwood jobs. I'm assuming that the wirings mixed up? (the spade connectors seem to be lined up right though). Has anyone got any ideas? The speakers themselves look fine, the wiring in the back of the stereo is the standard plug etc.. (im only running 2 front speakers at the moment also)

HELP...

what size are the kenwoods? try turning the bass way down before you put the volume up see if it still does the same

SEI POWER

NOS Guzzlers are just lower beings :D

You got a Mk1 Punto???
If so the two front speakers in the dash are only 4" they don't really like a lot of bass or volume so do what Donz said and turn it down

I have considerably more mods, THAN YOU!​
voldar02.gif
Pssssst my cars for sale​

Na, its a MK2? x reg yr 2000 anyhoo. I'll give it a try turning the bass down. You can imagine how much of a bummer it is to buy a decent CD unit and to have crappy sound. The Kenwoods say on the back 170 watt max output & 4 ohms?

Speaker power ratings are deceiving. 170 Watt max is the maximum, instantaneous power they can handle. There should also be a continuous power rating, which will probably be around a 1/4 of the maximum.

Head units have a similar specification. You need to check the continuous power output. Furthermore, when you run equipment near it's maximum output, distortion will occur.

It's best to run a more powerful amp at lower levels, than a less powerful one near it's maximum output.

well seeing as a securicor HGV wagons just decided to plough into the side of me while i was sitting STAIONARY at traffic lights it doesnt really matter now. aaaggghhhhh. Angry is not the word. My sexy little motor has since had its driver side redesigned ie completey mashed. why are there so many muppets on the road? wing, sill, door, wheel, bonnet, bumper etc etc

SO ANGRY

Sorry to hear about that wiplash, mate. ;)

I'm just hoping the insurance right it off - probably not the luck am having.
its a champers little motor aswell, had it 6 weeks man. imaculate, just getting the sounds sorted. you wanna see the state its in now, the o/s front corner of the cars just gone.

The insurance company sorted me a hire car, its a new corsa, 10 miles on the clock. what a crock o crap. feels like driving a sledge man. ;-]

Back