Speaker Sizes (DATA NEEDED)

Currently reading:
Speaker Sizes (DATA NEEDED)

hi,

can you specify an hi-end combination system with 4inch speakers alone for mk2 uno?i dont want to make extra provisions.but wud love to get max out of an 10cm itself..and an head unit which wud suit it?

MK1 front speakers are 8.7cm you say? Smallest size I can find on the internet are 10cm, and i gota replace my front speakers as they are both blown. Do you think 10cm speakers would fit in thier place?

And what depth front dash speakers will fit into cinq ???? Thinking about Sony XS-F1035 (10cm, 42mm depth, 3way)

You mainly have to be careful about the diameter of the magnet if going for deeper speakers, not just the actual depth. If the rear part of the speaker is larger diameter (existing ones are weedy) it fouls the heater pipe behind the speaker - I diddn't have to worry 'cos I have the hand vents blocked so just cut a chunk out of the pipe :devil:

This evening I fitted a pair of Hertz 100.3 10 cm speakers in there which even have a raised tweeter that wants to foul on the grille - you can get around that by putting a washer between the speaker & the grill where it screws on :slayer:

This shop has a decent range for comparison purposes.

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/8401.html

53 plate seicento sporting: 10cm in front undo with allen key. strange shaped hard to replace.
Rear shelf ones are 16cm and have basket that they sit in. so replace with components
Boot enough space for a couple of 12" subs and amp.

The curved grill is pretty easy to swap onto if the speakers are small enough, BUT it does mean that if the speakers are too deep you can't just easily cheat & have them slightly raised out of the dash like you can with some circular grilles - you have to put them behind it.

Last edited:
MK1 front speakers are 8.7cm you say? Smallest size I can find on the internet are 10cm, and i gota replace my front speakers as they are both blown. Do you think 10cm speakers would fit in thier place?

Hi, you can get some from Here, got a set of the Alpine SXE-0825S myself the other day, really good replacement fair play. only place i could find that actually had them in stock too, and if u order before 2pm they'll be on ur door first thing the following morning.

ps- i dont think 10cm would fit.

Last edited:
FIAT PUNTO 2003 . 5 DOORS. hi i have installed 2 big speakers 300wats at the back and 2 small 4 x 6 150wats. i like to make other 2 tweeters in front at the left/right side door . can i make it ??? my kenwood is 50w x 4. if i can make it ,what is the sizes of the tweeters ?

Re: Standard Speaker Sizes (DATA STILL NEEDED)

i have punto mk2 1.2 8v 5door elx and in the owners manual it says the standerd speakers are 165mm, 16.5cm, 6.5 inch. and they are only 40watt.
even though the elx comes with a 100watt amp lol.
but it doesnt mention the back speaker measurement. or the depth of ither front or back.

i am after sum speakers for the front (6.5" , 60mm depth 150watt urban sound with the blue led lights) im after matching 6x9s for the parcel shelf. the front speakers are £25 and the back are rougly £40 on ebay. but im just wondering if the leds will need wireing up to anything or if they are powerd by when the speakers are turned on.if so that will mean the speakers will just be pluged in wont it?i dont want to be faffing about snipping wires etc.
someone please reply to me thanks.

Last edited:
For reference the front door speakers in the higher spec Punto MK1 such as the ELX and the Cabrio (i think) are 6.5", but there isn't much space behind so either go for shallow fit speakers or ones with a small rear magnet.

So my new Rainbows are gonna take some hard work to fit :(

You mainly have to be careful about the diameter of the magnet if going for deeper speakers, not just the actual depth. If the rear part of the speaker is larger diameter (existing ones are weedy) it fouls the heater pipe behind the speaker - I diddn't have to worry 'cos I have the hand vents blocked so just cut a chunk out of the pipe :devil:

This evening I fitted a pair of Hertz 100.3 10 cm speakers in there which even have a raised tweeter that wants to foul on the grille - you can get around that by putting a washer between the speaker & the grill where it screws on :slayer:

This shop has a decent range for comparison purposes.

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/8401.html

The curved grill is pretty easy to swap onto if the speakers are small enough, BUT it does mean that if the speakers are too deep you can't just easily cheat & have them slightly raised out of the dash like you can with some circular grilles - you have to put them behind it.

What sort of magnet maximum width am I looking at to fit on a Cinquecento to fit without chopping bits off :)

And does anyone know the maximum mounting depth I can use. The speakers I am looking at are these in the link below ( 43mm depth )

http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/products/car/speakers/regular/KFC-S1093/details/

Well the guy you quoted used 46mm without problems so i would stick to under that. Most speakers of that size should be under 46mm mounting depth. Failing that im sure you could get a small ring to pull them out a bit further if need be for under £10 or make them yourself.

On a 2007 Panda, is it best to keep the speaker pods or have the new speakers flush with the door..?

What size tweeters can be fitted in the doors..?

For reference the front door speakers in the higher spec Punto MK1 such as the ELX and the Cabrio (i think) are 6.5", but there isn't much space behind so either go for shallow fit speakers or ones with a small rear magnet.

So my new Rainbows are gonna take some hard work to fit :(

I fitted some 165mm Vibes in my Mk 1 Punto Sporting, but I had to seriously attack the door with a hammer and hacksaw :p to get them to fit. Then the Punto got written off and I bought another and swopped the speakers over again. It was a lot quicker the second time. ;)

Massive improvement in sound, though.

Although I haven't fitted them, I have here on my desk front and back mounts for the 2003-2012 panda which are all 165mm. :)

Fiat panda 100hp 160mm 17cm fronts must use fiat multipla adapters part no. Is 14/13 and rear are 130mm same adapters from multipla .as fiat havnt informed anyone of this being multipla trim sizes hope this helps.i used theses and are exact match

Although I haven't fitted them, I have here on my desk front and back mounts for the 2003-2012 panda which are all 165mm. :)

Fiat panda take 1413 multipla door adapers 163mm rear 133mm 14 12 are the part codes from autoleads audio suppliers for 14.99 per set

Back