Technical spark plugs

Currently reading:
Technical spark plugs

bobbyless

simple question, my punto 55 has fiat plugs fitted (say fiat on them), and as it's low milage, i was wandering if anybody could tell me if they are plugs that get put in by fiat when serviced, or if they are are still the originals (on 30000 miles)??

also, what sparkplugs are recommended for me to change to??

thanks for any help.

I am changin my Mrs's plus at the weekend, can someone tell me what gap they should be? It is a P Reg 55 :)

Thanks

-------
Regards,
Will

Usually 0.9mm on the 1.1

Spirito di Punto | M-reg 55SX, black, 5dr. Clear repeaters. Remote locking fitted, no light confirmation yet though - need relay fitted

Bosch or ngk not champion and defently not Halfords.
Halfords should only be used by your granny to get your christmas prezzies;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do not Email or PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead. Your reply may help someone else. Thank you

I put Denso's in last service for £1.80 a piece, sadly that shop has now closed down! [xx(]

------/F/I/A/T/------

Fart In A Tin
<font color="orange">1994 Punto 55SX, metallic red, small, Italian and beautiful! </font id="orange">

Hope your sorted now, but a comment for Dave 'turbo terror'. Halfords do not manufacture their own plugs. They sell a good selection of Bosch, NGK etc. Everything is visible with an easy to use selection book. This is the why I recommended them.

Originally posted by Keith OHara
Hope your sorted now, but a comment for Dave . Halfords do not manufacture their own plugs. They sell a good selection of Bosch, NGK etc. Everything is visible with an easy to use selection book. This is the why I recommended them.

But halfords charge a lot more than everybody else, 'turbo terror' is put there buy this site not me like you have "learner driver"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do not Email or PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead. Your reply may help someone else. Thank you

halfords are crap, period.
i brought some plugs from them before, and they were totally wrong, they were about 2mm too small on the thread, and 2 heat ranges out.

go to your fiat dealer and get some from them, that way, you can be more confident that they are the right type.

Would not advise buying for the dealer, especially if it says fit part on plugs, these are OE and well over priced.
Better with NGK's, alot of OE plugs breaking down after low mileage these days.
David coupe 20vt

£5.50 a spark plug sounds good to me for fiat/champion dual electrode.
mine always last between services, and i'm sure they could last longer.

Jesus christ, five and a half notes for a plug? For that price I'd expect them to give the car another 10bhp, make me a cuppa in the morning and wipe my arse for me!!
My Denso's cost £1.80 and they're much better than any other plugs I've used.

------/F/I/A/T/------

Fart In A Tin
<font color="orange">1994 Punto 55SX, metallic red, small, Italian and beautiful! </font id="orange">

Get the ones I have (same range, not sure if Punto uses same model).

They're much better than Super4's.

<font face="Verdana">--
<font color="maroon">'98 Fiat Marea Weekend ELX (1.8 16v).</font id="maroon">
- Kenwood MP3 head unit
- De-Restricted standard air box
- NGK VX Platinum plugs (BKR7EVX)
- Toyo Proxes T1-S (205/45) tyres on Stilo 7-twin-spoke 16" alloys
- Gaiters in a sorta silver/grey colour
- Richbrook Aluminium Red Uni-Hex gear knob with FIAT logo
</font id="Verdana">

Back