Technical spark plugs

Currently reading:
Technical spark plugs

rwshafto

hi im thinking of doing a service on my 1.2 stilo ive seen dome bosh super 4 spark pluge at a good price are they any good are they a improvement to standard or should i stick to the standard plugs

Depends entirely on personal choice bud!

Personally i wont fit anything but NGKs having said that i believe Bosch are a reputable brand but i've heard that champions tend to fail prematurely. i also know of people who fit champions and swear by them :rolleyes:

i have a bigger penchant for LSG Brisk Halos they're in the celica but i havent had chance to get them in a fiat yet... the celi boys report theyre good for 250,000 mi

Hmmm. As soon as I see claims like 10% improvement in fuel economy I get very suspicious. If they were that good, wouldn't all manufacturers be fitting them as a matter of course?

And plugs for most of the car models I checked were unavailable...

i can vouch my average mpg went up by 3 after fitting.... nothing else was done... which is quite a saving on a celi.

id like to see if they have cross referencing between ngk/bosch/champion plugs as not many models are listed

whats the NGK Plug Designation?

...The ones I got were already gaped too, so quick change...
NGKs come pregaped as standard thats what the little diagram on the side of the box means!... always worth a check though

06022012123.jpg

(1) Pre-gapped
(2) Hand tighten
(3) if the plug has no washer tighten 1/16 of a turn; if the plug has a washer tighten 1/2-2/3 of a turn

the other pic means not suitable for Aviation use (for those who dont know)

Last edited:
I recently got my hands on some Valeo Marchal M004.

Are these any good at all or completely goofy?

I have no idea as to what type of spark plugs would be needed...

DSC07308.jpgDSC07309.jpg

suck em and see vladof! ;):p

thing is if you buy a reputable brand NGK, Bosch, Champion you know your paying for quality that 'wont' let you down... i've never heard of valeo plugs BUT Valeo are heavily involved with OEM parts so there is no reason why their plugs should be anything to shy away from!

Thanks Richie, I always go for top brands as well but I got these for free so thought I would ask whether they fit or not.

They don't really say they work for the Stilo. They work for a lot of FIAT and Alfa cars, but not the Stilo in particular. Should it? Or is it just some kind of marketing difference?

I recently got my hands on some Valeo Marchal M004.

Are these any good at all or completely goofy?

I have no idea as to what type of spark plugs would be needed...

Vlad these are typical OEM type plugs. The four electrodes (pre-set gap) allow for longer service intervals to reduce service costs. When one eletrode wears down, the spark then jumps to the next closest and so on round all four...

BPR6Exx is for tipo according to an ebay search (the equivelent of your Valeo units)

BKR5Exx is for the Stilo 1.6

The thread sizes and reach are the same. the only differences are the heat index, construction, and hex nut size on the plug... see my posted NGK designations to see what i mean.

It would be easier to cross reference with a Valeo plug designation rather than running off the packaging of your M004s that state 'tipo'

thanks for all the replys i decided to go for ngk,s there & 11 for 4 on ebay

Back