Spark plugs Stuck

Currently reading:
Spark plugs Stuck

As the title says took a head apart last night but can't get the things to budge even with the biggest ratchet I have..

Next plan was the head in a vice lots of WD40 and a big bar :eek:

Any tips? :confused:

try some plusgas (or a plusgas/wd-40 cocktail and a cigarette lighter...) wait and hope, then try again, [obviously] last thing you want to do is damage the thread, and the second last thing you need is to damage the bito of the plyg thats gripped by the socket...

Other than that, I guess you've already tried swearing at it, and threatening it?

Should I do the "I have broken the spark plug how can I drill it out and not damage anything?" thread ready for later Jamie? :p

if you know who put them in too tight, then a quick kick in the crutch is advisable. you can heat the head around each plug. i would soak them in penetrating oil overnight, then try to remove them. best way is if they are very tight undoing is to turn one way slightly, then the other. beware though, this can weaken the plug.:)

sumplug said:
if you know who put them in too tight, then a quick kick in the crutch is advisable. you can heat the head around each plug. i would soak them in penetrating oil overnight, then try to remove them. best way is if they are very tight undoing is to turn one way slightly, then the other. beware though, this can weaken the plug.:)

Cheers that was what i tried last night one way and the other and tried shocking it but no joy :(

I think I know who put the plugs in tight but lets just say it was an Alex ;)

You mean if that doesn't work go out and get a 4 foot breaker bar instead ;)
H

jamie86 said:
That's the next plan maybe the Mark1 persuading device as well :D

Not recommended tbh...theres a possibility you could shatter the ceramic part of the plug, and as the socket grips it, keeping it intact may be an advantage!!

arseofbox said:
Not recommended tbh...theres a possibility you could shatter the ceramic part of the plug, and as the socket grips it, keeping it intact may be an advantage!!

Is ok Tom that is the VERY last resort will keep plugging away at it :)

(Ok that was bad :eek: )

jamie86 said:
Is ok Tom that is the VERY last resort will keep plugging away at it :)

(Ok that was bad :eek: )

(y) Whatever...Im in an odd mood today (think its good - but I cant see straight, and Im not drunk so I dunno any more)...

A bit of penetrating oil and a big bar should shift it..

Tried oiling it from the electrode end then leaving the head to sit for a bit with the insulator pointing downwards?

Start doing some weights. lol.

Seriously though, know the importance of using copper grease when you put them back in, and apart from that make sure your doing short bursts of force, perhaps fit a rachet with extension and hit with a hammer to crack it off.

If you brake it you can always get it helicoiled and use a 12mm plug instead lol.

Stick with it and don't lose your temper and I am sure you'll do it.

Good luck mate.

Back