Technical Spare key for Stilo?

Currently reading:
Technical Spare key for Stilo?

d_ave

Hello,
since my Stilo came with only one key, naturally i want to have a spare one "just in case...". The problem is that the prices for a new key from the dealer are rocket-high! I've found some used Stilo keys on E-Bay for about 5-10 Eur each. I've read somewhere in the forum, that the car could be programmed to accept up to five keys, so these keys sound very well. And here's my question - is this possible? Cutting a new blade for the key is not a problem, but is it possible to "make" the car accept such key? Has anyone done something like this and what is your experience with such keys?

Last edited:
No its not possible to programme the keys from a different car to yours even if you changed the blade. The immobiliser transponder is coded by fiat to your vehicle and then paired up to your vehicle by the dealer. The only thing these keys from ebay are any good for are the cases and the remote transmitters as these can be swapped as the remotes are not vehicle specific from fiat.

Ive also been asking around for a key, only place you can get the, as you know, is the Fiat dealer.

£160 ish for the normal key, and £250 for the flip key with buttons.

Ive never had a car with such expensive keys! Totally over the top. :(

Ive also been asking around for a key, only place you can get the, as you know, is the Fiat dealer.

£160 ish for the normal key, and £250 for the flip key with buttons.

Ive never had a car with such expensive keys! Totally over the top. :(

Jesus, seriously? :confused:

I'm going to cradle my flip ones then cos that's more than I paid for my stereo! :eek:

Yup I couldn't believe it, Fiat parts are kind of expensive, or thats what im finding anyway :(.

Tax and MOT are due on it next month, so thats top of my list. The stilo is one of a few spare cars in our family, so its prioritising what needs doing first!

Yup I couldn't believe it, Fiat parts are kind of expensive, or thats what im finding anyway

Not compared to Renault they are not. My local Renault dealer has a higher labour rate (£130/hr) than the Audi Dealer (£105/hr)! Dont know what fiat is as I have never been there.

Back