General Spare bulb set.

Currently reading:
General Spare bulb set.

DJ Overdose

Last edited:
A spare bulb "set" usually consists of one of each bulb required, just a matter of replacing the one used as soon as possible. Just get an independant witness to state time and date that your bulb blew and was replaced and that you are just on the way to a garage to replace said spare bulb and no officer, I have not been driving around without a spare one honest:cry:

Yes, just one of everything. Having said which I've never been stopped and asked for any of the physical items. I think the complete list is:

Spare bulbs
First Aid box
Fire Extinguisher
Flurescent Jacket
Warning Triangle
Insurance Certificate (in the car when your driving)
Driving License (on you when you are driving)
Passport or ID card (on you when you are driving)
Certificate of ownership (in the car when you are driving)
Certificate of Insurance (green card, must be with you when you are driving)
MOT (in the car when you are driving)

None of which were mandatory in the UK when I lived there. I have been asked for all the documents, but only after an accident (not my fault, honest guv) :)

Certificate of Insurance (green card, must be with you when you are driving)

What's the green card?!

Oh and I got spare glasses too. New law in Spain so I am told.

Would you bother with the head lamp reflectors given that I don't plan to drive too much at night?

With all the crap needed to drive the damn car, where am I supposed to put my clothes etc' for the damn holiday!!! LOL!

Not liking the idea of taking all my car documents, will copies not suffice? Prolly not... Would hate to get jumped/jacked or mugged and lose it all.

DJ OD

You do not legally need a green card anymore if you are a UK citizen with UK insurance however, there are some pedantic policeman around Europe who would still demand it:eek:
Copies of your registration and insurance details would not suffice for said pedantic policeman and I would carry the original of those.

You do not legally need a green card anymore if you are a UK citizen with UK insurance however, there are some pedantic policeman around Europe who would still demand it:eek:
Copies of your registration and insurance details would not suffice for said pedantic policeman and I would carry the original of those.
Try to explain it at the border police:D :D .I am going in Bulgaria next week as my wife is from there and i have the green card and a paper signed from her (the B is registred in her name) that i can drive the car all over Europe.

I understand what you state Bill33 but here in the UK there is no longer a requirement to carry a green card but most insurers will issue one if you so wish....for a price.

When I lived in the UK you had to ask for a green card from most insurers. Here you get one by default (small country, sneeze and you're over the border). It only needs to be signed if you're going to the UK !?

Some people here carry copies, but most carry the originals. The problem tends to come if you don't speak the language and have got foreign plates, although our local police have always been helpful regardless of those factors. Those who've had a car nicked don't seem to be bothered by the fact that the documents are gone too, I suppose they're not much help because they don't match the ID card.

The wheelbarrow is optional in most countries, but it's always worth being prepared ;)

On this trek to Istanbul in Aug we will need a green card for Turkey other than that was told we didn't need one inc Bulgaria as it's now in the EU. Each country also has different items required ie some want a fire extinguisher others don't, although I'm in a great position for an unlimited supply of reflective jackets :)

On this trek to Istanbul in Aug we will need a green card for Turkey other than that was told we didn't need one inc Bulgaria as it's now in the EU. Each country also has different items required ie some want a fire extinguisher others don't, although I'm in a great position for an unlimited supply of reflective jackets :)

http://www.viamichelin.com/viamichelin/gbr/tpl/hme/MaHomePage.htm

Υou type departure and destination and gives you the route in the map.When you come near the border it shows you what each country wants to have with you as a driver .

Back