General Sorting out my shed- Multipla bits

Currently reading:
General Sorting out my shed- Multipla bits

Now I'm Multipla-less, I have a fair few bits and pieces that might do someone a service. I'll make a list of the bits I've got and if they are any use to anyone please shout. They'll be very reasonably priced, better to see them go the help someone than chuck them in the skip.

If you are searching for something give me a shout, I might have what you need.

Keep a look out for future posts.
George

Hi George,
Did you ever get round to making a list of bits?
Wondered if there was anything worth getting, if you did.
Don't need anything right now (famous last words, says he, touching wood!!) but maybe a few odd bits to store away in case!!

Regards,

Hugh

Hi Gang, I owe you all a big apology for not following up on my last post.
(I'm the first to belittle anyone who does similar, so set your lasers to "stun the ode crock" and let rip.

Side note for the uninitiated: As you progress in years your priorities sort of change a bit,
it's not a very noticeable event or even an action after much deliberation and thought, it just sort of happens.

Consequently, what was a MUST yesterday may not even make it to the "what's on for today menu".
As a result, things that really need your attention are left undone.
Jobs that require a bit of planning never get off the drawing board or if they do they've waited a long time to do so.
Over the last 12 months I've been 'sorting out my shed',
what this means in reality is moving stuff from one place to another, usually followed by the phrase "I might need that, or that'll come in handy".
As a result nothing gets shifted, the shed is still a mess and wifey's tongue is justifiably still as active as it ever was.

My biggest problem is: (and I'm certain I'm not on my own here) Being a lover of anything quirky I tend to keep spares for everything, even after the beast has passed. I don't know what brings us to do this but I have seen it happen in so many friends sheds and garages that I think just about everybody is similar. We are called Hoarders!
Yeah, I know, we've all done it and we all use the same old broken record to justify it - that'll come in handy or they're getting hard to find, better hang on to that.
So, with my garage and two other sheds to attack I really ought to start getting stuff cleared and into someones hands who can make real use of them, well, they're doing no-one any good gathering dust in my shed are they?
P/S: I'm in the shed this afternoon - ok, only because H.I.D. has demanded I 'do something with my junk'. JUNK? I cannot believe the language that woman uses sometimes - she wouldn't say that if was a handbag or a pair of shoes would she?

Last edited:
Hi George,
Quite understand your situation..
As a retired Aircraft engineer, who does almost the same as you, (store it, sometime soon it will be needed/useful brigade) hate 'dumping' anything that looks remotely 'useful' as it 'could' possibly be recycled at some point, etc, I also have 2 sheds and a workshop filled with what my family call 'crap' (but which has also been extremely useful when the need arises!!).
Heaven help them all when I shuf this mortal coil, and they have to sort out the resultang chaos in the sheds!!

Sorry for the delayed reply (I should use that as my Sig, I spend so much time 'not at home' I'm always in arrears with posting anything on here).

Anyway, excuses over, I just got back from Anglesey at 22.00 tonight (last night) after an 'entertaining' interlude trying to get a dry breads gills damp, what I mean is, a landlubber had taken the reigns of my lovely little yacht but hadn't got a clue about the most fundamental workings of a boat, let alone a sailing boat that had done it to Portugal, Gibraltar and Gran Canarias. After seeing what I saw during the last few days I wouldn't trust him in charge of a canal boat tied securely to the dock! God help my poor little yacht, it's going to need all the help it can get. (RNLI be warned, you're going to be needed quite soon)

Now to get back on track:

With luck I should beable to formulate a list of available bits re: Our Beloved Multipla. I'll do my best to get it done before the weekend, at least if any of you are requiring any bits maybe you'll be in luck and I'll have what you require.

Later

George

Last edited:
I'm looking for the rear seat Cowlings (both doir sides). It's a bad design fault in my opinion as when the kids and other passengers got out they would shut the doir trapoing the seatbelt buckle and cracking the flimsy plastic cowlings. Mine are the black mk 2 ones for the eleganza. If you don't have these spare,do you knw any suppliers in the uk. The grey ones always tend to come up on ebay, not black. Also looking for a drivers side vent (opening flap broke) again in black. Cheers in advance.

Hello mucka, the bits you want are not very common, well not to me anyway, unless Mk1 bits fit the Mk2 I won't be able to help.

What you could do is to weld them yourself, it's not difficult and you'll have you own bits so they will fit.

Get a bit of practice going, I used any old plastic to get the idea of how much heat, how long etc.

I have two irons that I have found very good for the purpose:

1: this is a little pointed 15w iron that's ideal for getting into corners or penetrating to get a good 'knit' so the two components melt nicely together ensuring a good join.

2: I have a bigger 60w iron with a spade end that I use like a spade when mixing cement. This is really effective when melting the donor plastic into the area as a filler, it also is good as a smoothing iron to iron out any lumps or bumps.

3: Practice and you'll be surprised how easy it is and it will save your bits.

I bought a set of acrylic rods off Amazon for only a few quid. You can get a variety of colours.

Trying to get a grip on the list and tidying up. I can see I've got headlights, mirrors, indicators, rear lights, filters and some brake parts (so far)

Good Luck

George

Last edited:
Back