Some people should have their cars confiscated

Currently reading:
Some people should have their cars confiscated

siansdad

Superb summer’s day today; 34 C, clear blue skies, no wind.

Have to go out to the supermarket at about 7:30 pm (a Golden Retriever and a Labradoodle do not wait for dinner). The temperature has dropped to about 27 C, still calm, but the cooler air has bought out a tang of eucalyptus in the air and the direct sun has gone off the bottom of the valley and you can smell the moist soil from under the tree ferns.

The road is still in dappled light, but the Eucalypts on the top of the ridges are still in bright sunlight and their grey green leaves contrast to the shaded bush on the side of the road

A perfect evening for driving; windows down and good pub rock pumping out.

Stop opposite the supermarket and wait for the traffic to pass to cross the road.

Two 500Cs pass, apparently travelling in convoy.

They’ve got their roofs closed and their windows up!!!

Superb summer’s day today; 34 C, clear blue skies, no wind.

Have to go out to the supermarket at about 7:30 pm (a Golden Retriever and a Labradoodle do not wait for dinner). The temperature has dropped to about 27 C, still calm, but the cooler air has bought out a tang of eucalyptus in the air and the direct sun has gone off the bottom of the valley and you can smell the moist soil from under the tree ferns.

The road is still in dappled light, but the Eucalypts on the top of the ridges are still in bright sunlight and their grey green leaves contrast to the shaded bush on the side of the road

A perfect evening for driving; windows down and good pub rock pumping out.

Stop opposite the supermarket and wait for the traffic to pass to cross the road.

Two 500Cs pass, apparently travelling in convoy.

They’ve got their roofs closed and their windows up!!!

That'll be because they are enjoying their air con.

I have a 'C' and the roof goes down at every opportunity (Even at -3 'cos I've also got a good heater ;)), but some people just buy the 'C' because it's the most expensive version :bang:. I know someone with a convertible Volvo who has NEVER opened the roof and has no intention of ever doing so :confused:

That'll be because they are enjoying their air con.

I have a 'C' and the roof goes down at every opportunity (Even at -3 'cos I've also got a good heater ;)), but some people just buy the 'C' because it's the most expensive version :bang:. I know someone with a convertible Volvo who has NEVER opened the roof and has no intention of ever doing so :confused:

My father has a convertible Volvo and the roof is down as soon as the sun shows any sign of shining, the aircon needed regassing and he decided not to bother.

On the flip side I've driven many a drop top car (usually saabs) but as nice as it is to drive with the top down there are some times you just can beat the aircon on full blast especially when the temp is hitting the high 20s early 30s

My father has a convertible Volvo and the roof is down as soon as the sun shows any sign of shining, the aircon needed regassing and he decided not to bother.

Not all Volvo drivers are the same ;) that would be too much of a generalisation :D

On the flip side I've driven many a drop top car (usually saabs) but as nice as it is to drive with the top down there are some times you just can beat the aircon on full blast especially when the temp is hitting the high 20s early 30s

Just after I got mine I attended Panda camp in it (I know, I was an interloper :rolleyes: ) and we convoyed through Bournemouth in the middle of a heat wave. I gave in and put the roof up when stuck in traffic the top of my head began to burn (even through a Fiat baseball cap). So roof up, climate set to VERY cold, bliss. I did put the roof back down when we started moving again, it was too good a day to not have the open sky visable from the driving seat.

Back