Some idiot.............................

Currently reading:
Some idiot.............................

has keyed my car, the tail gate and drivers side door are the targets and they look pretty messy, can anyone recommend an outlet that'll repair it quickly and not to expensive?

Are these ChipsAway people any good?

This happened on my driveway New Years Eve, really bugs me, people are such scum these days!

I 've used Chips Away for a number of repairs and they have always be excellent, you can't see the repair.

Depending on the depth and length of the scratch they can fix it using an airbrush. They don't charge to come out and have a look.

On one of my BMW's I had a repair by the BMW bodyshop and one by Chips Away. The guy who bought it from me had a RAC inspection and they picked up on the BMW repair and not the Chips Away. They said the BMW repair was absolutely fine, but they just mentioned that it had a repair in the past.

I'd give it a shot.

I had a quite large repair to the front bumper with a bit of filler etc and it was £120.00 inc VAT. That was for metallic paint and it was a perfect match, he even made me a touch up stick as well.

I picked the car up last night at 1730 and couldn't really inspect it properly in the dark, so I parted with my £180 and off I drove.........................

Today however, in the cold light of day I inspected the work, it was horrific, swirl marks, scratches, overspay, horrible horrible job, worst workmanship I've ever seen.

So I went back to the workshop and told the ChipsAway chap in no uncertain terms that I was not happy, he offered to repaint it, I refused and said I'd never let him near my car again, he then offered me a full refund which I accepted.

I then went to Marshalls Body Shop and they gave me a quote to rectify this cock-up..............................£675 all in, so I'm having it done, there is no way I can leave ot looking as it does, the saga continues....................

Back