so whats the difference between the rear calipers

Currently reading:
so whats the difference between the rear calipers

A

andy

well im trying to find out what the difference is between the rear calipers on the bravo hgt the marea 20v hlx and 2.4 diesel and also the coupes
does anyone have any pictures and are they actually made totally different or just made out of different materials ???

the only reason i ask is that on the drivers side rear caliper the handbrake arm is not fully going back to its resting place like the passenger side does so it maybe a faulty caliper

Calliper1a.JPG

Top one is alluminium, the lower one is cast. The alluminium one is slightly different in shape (see the fins), they are also much lighter, the brake pads used are also different to the cast callipers.

As i stated before the parts you need will probably be the same on either of the cars you stated with rear discs.

Look at my picture to determine which ones you fitted as i can't tell due to the angle of the pictures in your previous post.

Banner08.jpg

6fs02c.gif
:
Fiat Marea Chrome Front Grille. Fiat Bravo MK2 Front Grille.
ePER V4.0 2008 DVD, Bravo & Marea Workshop Manuals, Fiat Bravo Haynes Manual &, Fiat Bravo Owners Manual on CD etc...

cheers joske for the picture mine are the top ones i got them from the rat2 so 02 plate same as mine
as i say only problem i have is where the handbrake cable ataches there is a small arm that when moved applies the pads to the disc but when released the arm doesn't travel all the way back to the rest point so the pads drag the arm is held on by a 13mm bolt but not sure if it can be taken apart and looked at why it doesnt move freely or not.
dont want to remove the bolt and arm to find it all come apart and then cant be put back together again
any idea on how the arm actually makes the pads move