Technical So- is this a "New" engine?

Currently reading:
Technical So- is this a "New" engine?

doblovert

130TC Abarthista, Qubista
It's with interest that I read all the posts on here- mainly 'cos I'm a numpty when it comes to things mechanical.

Well, over the past few weeks I've read of different airboxes/air filters, and even that there is an "old" and "new" version of the 1.3 Mjet?

I decide to take a look at mine- 2012 MyLife 1.3Mjet. I've attached pics. Seems I have the "later" air filter, from reading another thread- so have i got a "new" version engine? If so, how does it differ from the "old"?

As a matter of interest- on my Bipper 1.4HDi the airbox lid was held down with Torx bolts. So I took my Philips head screwdriver to the Qubo,expecting it to be easy.Some chance- I ended up extracting them with a 7mm socket- 4x 2.5 inch long bolts to hold down an airbox lid?- surely overkill? (especially as the back is just plastic into plastic!)

Also, I'm a little confused- herehttps://www.fiatforum.com/fiorino-iii/358192-service-intervals.html there is talk of a timing CHAIN? The service book states a toothed cam belt with replacement intervals quotes as 100k miles?- seems a long time. So is it a belt or a chain? see my pics

And lastly- is that the EGR on the front left side , with the blue hose going to it?

Cheers all....................

Attachments

• DSCN1800.JPG
    DSCN1800.JPG
    402 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCN1799.JPG
    DSCN1799.JPG
    399.9 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCN1801.JPG
    DSCN1801.JPG
    384.9 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCN1802.JPG
    DSCN1802.JPG
    384.4 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCN1803.JPG
    DSCN1803.JPG
    329.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
The unit with the blue hose is the turbo actuator , think the egr is buried round the back

Good questions. Fiat have used both cam belts and chains......depends on age/variant of your particular car. My 2009 reg has a chain...............the fella down the road 2010 reg has a belt !!!!!!!
Cheers Qube O.

the engine in the photo is the later type
all 1.3 diesel fiats have a chain
if its a cam belt it must be the 1.4 hdi pug engine
as fitted in the bipper but don't think fiat fitted this

the egr is around the back of the engine on the right hand side
if you are standing in front of the car
I think its a heater hose goes across it

the engine in the photo is the later type
all 1.3 diesel fiats have a chain
if its a cam belt it must be the 1.4 hdi pug engine
as fitted in the bipper but don't think fiat fitted this

Thats a interesting point.......fella down the road purchased his used, from a small (back street) seller.........wonder if for some reason it had a engine change. Its defo got a belt, you can see it under the guard. Perhaps I'd better not mention this conversation to him. He's happy......so I ain't gona rock his boat.

Cheers Qube O.:confused::confused:

Back