General Snowy Pandas

Currently reading:
General Snowy Pandas

I now dont care how much winter tyres are, I am getting some!!! My car almost slid down this...backwards!! :eek: (the slope is worse than it looks in the photo!). I am in shock, but feeling lucky and stupid for even attempting it in the first place. A mistake I will not be making again anytime soon.

And a photo of my panda in the snow of course. usually too dark by the time I get home to take a picture, although it is still a bit dim. :eek:

Si

Attachments

• DSCI1320.JPG
    DSCI1320.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 15
  • DSCI1315.JPG
    DSCI1315.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
  • DSCI1316.JPG
    DSCI1316.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
Ya think?

image005_149.jpg

Think that one had a head on with a seagull :eek:

Best advice is dont crash ;)

Jim

Jim, where did you get this photo from? Polish site?
It's my previous:D It was an almost head-on with Suzuki Swift, 25 June 2005 (exactly 17 years after our wedding). We (me, my wife, daughters and a dog) were going to Panda Club Meet in Sulejów, in central Poland. Driver of a Swift decided to overtake a BMW on a corner. Hit us, thankfully not centrally, then hit overtaken BMW. I have a photo of a Swift's speedometer, it stopped at 110 km/h (70 mph). I thought it's only possible in movies, but it's real. We had about 80km/h (50 mph). So the summarized speed was almost 200 km/h. No time for braking. The policemen told us later that we were alive becouse it was so fast and unexpected, and our bodies didn't have time to react in stress. The Swift's driver had 1,2 promiles of alcohol in blood.
So since then every 25 of June is double important for us.
Want more photos? This one taken from the bottom is my favourite - I call it "Banana Panda";)

Sutjeska

Attachments

• Biała.jpg
    Biała.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 47
  • Biała2.jpg
    Biała2.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 54
  • Biała3.jpg
    Biała3.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 149
Wow, you were very lucky to get out of that one live. Such a bad crash, not that any are good. Someone was looking out for you that day!

:eek: Bloody hell, that was a real goosebump moment reading that. And to hear the personal story behind the pictures certainly hammers home the drink drive message. It's good to know you all got out okay.

:eek: good grief! it's actually quite nice to know you can sometimes get away with that in a Panda!! Still don't really fancy trying it though. Glad you all got out OK.:)

:eek: good grief! it's actually quite nice to know you can sometimes get away with that in a Panda!! Still don't really fancy trying it though. Glad you all got out OK.:)

Panda is very strong little car. The policemen told us also that probably in more modern car of such dimensions in such an accident things would have been worse. Crumple zones are OK, but for smaller impacts. And the spare wheel helped a lot.
In fact we had only minor hurts. But now I know how will I feel when I'll be 80. Couldn't move for a week. And sometimes there's still something with my head;)

Sutjeska

Attachments

• czapka z pandy.JPG
    czapka z pandy.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Omg. Thats amazing that you all got out alive! As you said, testement to their strength. As I found out personally when rear ending a van at 30mph, the Panda's will take a smack well but never knew they'd handle something that devistating so well. Someone must have been looking down from above! How old was the Panda when it happened?

Also, out of interest, was there much cabin intrusion?

Jon.

Omg. Thats amazing that you all got out alive! As you said, testement to their strength. As I found out personally when rear ending a van at 30mph, the Panda's will take a smack well but never knew they'd handle something that devistating so well. Someone must have been looking down from above! How old was the Panda when it happened?

Also, out of interest, was there much cabin intrusion?

Jon.

FF working!
Panda was 15 then. Cabin intrusion? Well.... some;) The floor on driver's side was about 5-10 inches inside. Thanks God it didn't have central tunnel, so my legs had space on the right.
And two photos of Swift, for comparison. I think Panda's cabin was in better condition.

Sutjeska

Attachments

• c3.jpg
    c3.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 33
  • c4.jpg
    c4.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 42
  • c1.jpg
    c1.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 33
  • c2.jpg
    c2.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
A few pictures of rusty in the snow on Friday on a milk run to my grandparents.

The village was snowed in but rusty made it, so glad i had bought mud and snow tyres:D
stu's iphone pics 103.JPG[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• stu's iphone pics 100.JPG
    stu's iphone pics 100.JPG
    336.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
FF working!
Panda was 15 then. Cabin intrusion? Well.... some;) The floor on driver's side was about 5-10 inches inside. Thanks God it didn't have central tunnel, so my legs had space on the right.
And two photos of Swift, for comparison. I think Panda's cabin was in better condition.

Sutjeska

OMG that really is scary stuff! Still testament that you got out though. Internal pics say it all!

Jon.

Nice one RustyP, I wanted to get a few photos of mine like that but the roads are so busy round here only the really dangerous and steep hills were free for a shoot. And I was too scared after attempting one climb that I forgot to take one! lol.

Update on the panda/snow situation in gloucestershire...still snowing here but its more like cold rain to be honest. The car has had a clean and a whole lot of waxoil'in. Really slippy stuff though (the snow I mean), or what remains of it, is now compacted ice and I've been watching cars struggle up the hill right outside my house all day! :rolleyes:

Si

We finally made it out in to the snow today!

After we stopped off to help the Nova that had got stuck in the ditch after making it round that corner Alan took some video of my attempt

Some pics....

Attachments

• 08022009583.jpg
    08022009583.jpg
    847.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 08022009577.jpg
    08022009577.jpg
    937 KB · Views: 18
  • 08022009573.jpg
    08022009573.jpg
    737 KB · Views: 15
  • 08022009584.jpg
    08022009584.jpg
    760 KB · Views: 10
Wow. You've loads of snow! Just got back to college. A tad of snow here, but none 2miles down the road.
Yes, I can't believe that I have driven to poland and back and the worst conditions where just down the road from my house!!!

I was really impressed how well sylvia coped in the conditions. Like they boys we stopped to help in the yellow nova kept getting stuck in front of us and we'd pull up behind them get out and push then we'd get back into sylvia and just drive on cleanly and the last time they asked 'how the hell are you doing that, you four wheel drive or something???' :D

Made my day, hehe

Jim

Last edited:
Back