General Snowy Pandas

Currently reading:
General Snowy Pandas

:eek::eek::eek:

Chichi almost went out for the last time this morning. It turns out that 4wd makes no difference when your sliding sideways!! :eek:

Nothing I could do but slide down the hill in gear waiting for the car to regain grip. Steering did nothing, brakes were a big no no, free wheeling was terrifying and slipping the clutch as much as possible couldnt stop the wheels from spinning. Stopped just before the white line at the junction at the bottom of my street.....that was terrifying. But so lucky. The neigbours watched me from their living room as I slid down facing them. I supose quite funny thinking about it.....

I NEED WINTER TYRES!!!! :eek:

Si

and a new pair of trousers now! :eek:

Could be £100 for some winter tyres or £300 straightening the car again :(

Si

Any idea where to get proper winter tyres - I think the old Mud n Snow are no longer available? My Sisley was very impressive in 1st going down a snowy/icy road but I felt the limitations of low profile wide(er) road tyres a couple of times.

Cheers, Gavin. (y)

You got them on now Jon?????......All working well?????

Yes and no. Not got them for the Sisley in the right size yet, but the ones it came with are currently on the mk3 (will explain to all in a thread sometime soon) as it takes that size and there were two dodgy tyres on it. and I've been driving in the mud that the Sisley often needed 4Wd enguaged in, and my house mates Jeep gets stuck in, and the mk3 has yet to struggle or get stuck (only 2wd, not 4), and the car flys around roundabouts! Really grippy on the road!

Its our turn today in the midlands. 4+ inches in Coventry, although Formula 91 got off quite lightly sheltered by the fence! For reasons discussed earlier in the thread my Panda has stayed at home in favour of my 4x4 with steel bumpers :D

If we had any 4x4 Panda's up here, I'm sure there would be one present in the second picture (works car park) (y)

Attachments

• DSC00448.JPG
    DSC00448.JPG
    278.9 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC00451a.JPG
    DSC00451a.JPG
    140.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Any good tyre place should know where to get you some from. I still swar by Verdestine (sp?) Quatrac 2 tyres. They're very good and well priced for hybrid tyres!

Jon.

A bit off topic, I know...:eek:

I've put on the Kumho KH21 M+S 145/80 R13. They are very good in hard or deep fresh snow and slush and wet wheather as well as on dry. Haven't tried them on ice though:eek:. And they are marked as allweather so they say no need to take them off in the summer:confused:. We'll see;)

Jon you got the mk3 then?

Here is my car which I've decided to call Arthur!! He loved the snow and started first time everyday and coped well with the country roads to and from work. Although his window wiper arm did come off completely which I had to get fixed yesterday. But good fun!:D I hope the photos come out, first time I've uploaded any on here.

[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• HPIM0879.JPG
    HPIM0879.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 7
Looking cool! :D

Panda just look right covered in snow! I expect there will be more snow action tomorrow here in gloucestershire! Few specs I noticed while outside just now, hope there's no ice this time though. Or I'll have to be off work as the hill outside my house is lethal!! Steep and smooth:eek:

Yep, I used to have a Citroen AX which was a fun little car but I always felt that I'd be killed if I got t-boned by a cyclist! The Panda is worse in some ways, with the twin vinyl sun roof, if I was unlucky enough to roll it I could be decapitated by a twig :eek:. It's a great little car but occupant safety wasn't high on the agenda in those days.

Mike

Ya think?

image005_149.jpg

Think that one had a head on with a seagull :eek:

Best advice is dont crash ;)

Jim

Back