IMG_1355.JPG

Panda (Classic) Snatch Panda

Introduction

It's taken a while but I'm going to try uploading some photos..

Inspired by Snatch Land Rovers deployed to Gulf War I, Afghanistan and previously in Northern Ireland, I wondered how the Panda version might have turned out..

Dragonman gave me a useful kick early on and David, Aquamarine has been wonderfully helpful throughout -thank you both.

Things got a bit loose with the interpretation as I got carried away - so the mudflaps aren't necessary (but I like how rally cars look) and the bonnet lamps are because of a soft spot for the Matra Rancho. - Please be reassured that only a rusty bonnet was harmed in the making of this modification.

Similarly - all the changes can be undone fairly easily if Sisley prices continue to head for the stratosphere.. So I didn't paint the grill and I have kept a good unmodified bullbar to one side.

Hope you like it. Let me know what you think.
bad HT lead, spark plug, coil pack, injector, MAP sensor. it is pretty much all it can be on these engines. very rare it has been known that the CPS can cause it.. but normally if that fails the engine just wont run at all. any ECU light?

unplug different injectors so you know what cylinder is doing it.. thats the way i do it. (if you have a cat it also stops it from being poisoned hehe)

fallout had a misfire and it turned out to be the pipe connecting the MAP. it was split right near the sensor so it did not really cause a vacuum leak. (i have a vacuum gauge installed for attempted better "economics")

Last edited:
Any idea why there is suh a difference in colour in the top pic?
Much more heat at that end? or what? worn valve steam guide?

Good spot I didn't notice before you pointed it out - so could just be the flash but if not then the low temps resulting from the cylinder four misfire may explain. Stem seals are all new now but could be a legacy if they weren't all equally worn before.

Misfire definitely linked to vacuum not revs so back on high tension electrics and hoping for new plug lead to fix it..

- Seem to have bought another Punto (by accident) to help with diagnosis..:bang:

crazy thoery time:eek: What if you have a lazy hydraulic lifter? The 'missfire' could be a smaller bang due to just one inlet valve opening which is cured when reved due to the increase in oil pressure! :chin:

crazy thoery time:eek: What if you have a lazy hydraulic lifter? The 'missfire' could be a smaller bang due to just one inlet valve opening which is cured when reved due to the increase in oil pressure! :chin:

Which can lead to clogged cyl 4 oil channels in conjunction with the fact that cyl 4 is the furthest from oil pump = 'lazy lifter at low revs.

Which oil grade are you using A.?

Thanks for the logic chaps - its very useful to have other brains at work too.(y)
-I did consider this possibility so when the cam box was last off I swapped the lifters around (well strictly they fell out and I wasn't sure where they came from so took the chance to swap them about.)
It's also had an oil change (10w40 semi synth).

Still thinking ht issue. - I think I noticed a bit more interference than usual on the radio, driving it about today.

Thanks for the link FDNY21 - they're linked earlier in the thread too sometime around June/July 2014 possibly. As you say, he seemed to like the car. It looks odd seeing it on 13's now.

Back