Styling Smoothing Tailgate

Currently reading:
Styling Smoothing Tailgate

MagnaMorbius

How difficult (or, more importantly, how expensive) is it to completely smooth off the tailgate, removing the handle and the keyhole (which is acting funny, and you have to bash the key about a bit to open it)?

I've seen a couple of other car makes with this done, and I think it'd look pretty good.

Do you mean like dan has done on his car here:

Try your local bodyshop as i'm sure they can help you. Was thinking of having this done myself, but i've bought the same lights, nearly the same wheels and my car is nearly the same colour as dan's.
I did enquire about this a little while ago at my local bodyshop and they said about the £250 mark all in, but I would imagine prices will vary up and down the country

hgsteve said:
were did u get those lights thay look well nice

I got mine from a place in germany, but they are VERY expensive (400 euro)

Link here: http://www.alfa-romeo-tuning.com/index.html?lmd=38674.569884

Still waiting for mine to arrive. Hoping they will be here before xmas as i've got from the 20th dec to 7th jan off work (y) which will give me plenty of time to do alot of work to my hgt.

Last edited:
its not that hard if ya no wot ya r doin i have done some smoothin out on my m8s car but im in the body work trade lol if ya dont trust ya self take it ya local body shop

:idea: depends on if youve got a brava,or bravo! bravas are a bitch to do because of the shape lines that match the handle :bang:
,the bravo ,is slightly easier,you can cut a piece of sheet and roll it to fit , then tack it in,or make a fibreglass shape over the old one,then fibreglass n skim it in.
again the brava 3rd brake light is easy, just tack a small plate in place,skim with fibreglas,then filler,prime n paint..same with the lock,but you can realy remove the handle without A LOT of fabrication work,
ive skimmed my light and lock from my brava but have decided to leave the handle,cos it helps if your boot lift fails :p
any good body shop should be able to help you completely skim,or just a handle or lock , take your car down to nearest bodyshop and just ask them!

yer ..thats what i thought...but the line around the handle allows movement..so if you was to fill it or fibreglass,itll crack when you lift from the handle or slam the boot.

Back