General Changing a boot/tailgate

Currently reading:
General Changing a boot/tailgate

its held on with 2 bolts/nuts, but there is also the water pipe and the lifters to disconnect first. its not difficult, but its a 2 man job because you cant support it and also unbolt it by yourself.

Ok thanks jug.

So i should disconnect the wires/pipes and the lifters first and then unbolt it?

Also i have been told about the pipes/wires having to go through a rubber grommit or similar, do you know where this is located?

Thanks once again.

Jug.

Does the wiring loom for the tailgate disconnect via a plug.

Otherwise he is left with two options. To cut the loom underneath the roof lining and re join using connectors or to thread the new loom through the boot lid. In which case passing some wire through as you pull the old loom out the new boot lid and use it to pull the new loom through.

Just a thought :D No idea how easy/difficult bravo ones are.

So i should disconnect the wires/pipes and the lifters first and then unbolt it?
yes, the bolts are the last things you remove. you dont disconnect the wires because they use contacts on the tailgate and car so there are no wires going in to the tailgate.

bridges said:
Does the wiring loom for the tailgate disconnect via a plug.
as above there isnt a lom between car and tailgate, there are copper contacts with spring pins instead so no need to disconnect them.

Back