Tuning Smoking 500 1.3mjtd

Currently reading:
Tuning Smoking 500 1.3mjtd

Doyleee

Hi there I'm a newbie to this forum I did try to look at other threads first but one of you can help me regards to my daughter's 2008 500 1.3 mjtd smoking please
Ok so I bought a 2008 Fiat 500 1.3 mjtd 103k mile and seems to smoke intermittently not sure if the smoke is grey or blue but I have had a new DPF fitted by myself new turbo Egr valve cleaned (hell of a job im told and mechanic wouldn't do another one ,new Bosch MAF sensor gave it a few runs to clear out diesel treatment too oh has p0101 code at mo which was only after turbo fitted which I believe is boost pressure wiring? but just seems to smoke now and again not even when it's warmed up and fills the road I don't really want to spend much more money on it but also.want to get to the bottom of it,can anyone help please ? Many thanks in advance

Without knowing what the smoke it, and generally it is very obvious if it is oil and therefore blue smoke or water/steam and white smoke. There is also black smoke on a diesel which can be over or underfueling, without knowing what the smoke is, it is very unlikely anyone could answer your question on how to stop it. If it is burning oil, then where is the oil coming from, does it need new piston rings, has it been over filled and just needs some oil letting out?

Is the exhaust full of water therefore you get a lot of steam coming out whenever the car is used. unfortunately your question is too vague and it is not possible to help you fix this problem if you can't narrow things down a bit more.

Due to the heavier construction of diesel engines, rings are less likely than fuelling issues. So as per andykett, if its not using oil, I would perhaps first get injectors checked. Maybe something as at the tolerance limit so occasionally the ecu cant pull things together.

Without knowing what the smoke it, and generally it is very obvious if it is oil and therefore blue smoke or water/steam and white smoke. There is also black smoke on a diesel which can be over or underfueling, without knowing what the smoke is, it is very unlikely anyone could answer your question on how to stop it. If it is burning oil, then where is the oil coming from, does it need new piston rings, has it been over filled and just needs some oil letting out?

Is the exhaust full of water therefore you get a lot of steam coming out whenever the car is used. unfortunately your question is too vague and it is not possible to help you fix this problem if you can't narrow things down a bit more.
Thank you for your reply I will investigate everything you have highlighted and report back once again thank you

Due to the heavier construction of diesel engines, rings are less likely than fuelling issues. So as per andykett, if its not using oil, I would perhaps first get injectors checked. Maybe something as at the tolerance limit so occasionally the ecu cant pull things together.
Fiat engines can get a lot of blow by and then push more oil into the intake via the PCV valve, I had this on my punto 1.6 multijet which while it had a much higher mileage (170k miles).

It used to smoke quite a bit under heavy acceleration but was fairly clean on idle.

Back