smoke from the dashboard

Currently reading:
smoke from the dashboard

C

chris

Have a problem, this morning car windscreen was covered in snow, started the car, tried to clear the screen with a flick of the wipers, didnt work so left car running and went to get scraper from house, got back and had smoke coming from dashboard..... Now I assume the wiper was trying to work but stuck on snow....
Question:- Is it likely to be the wiring or the motor burned out? No smoke outside just inside. Fuse has not gone which makes me think the electrics must be ok but I dont know. Obviously will be into garage tomorrow but any clues??
Thanks.
Chris

do the wipers still work?

if so happy days and keep it out the garage..

stephend

wipers not working, rear one is and is on the same fuse as front ones.... Looking on other forums I believe there is a relay which could be goosed or the motor itself....

Before you take it to the garage pop the bonnet and have a quick look around the motor, could be a simple case of one bad wire may save you a garage bill

Stephend

Lift the wipers of the windscreen and replace the fuse. If the wipers dont work, you fried the motor. Smoke in the car is due to your fan being on and it sucked the smoke in.

sven3.jpg

Members Site ---------My Site

you should be able to tell if the motor has burnt out.They have a distinctive smell about them, Any electric motor, not just the wiper one