Technical Smell petrol

Currently reading:
Technical Smell petrol

Hi all,
The last 12 months I keep smelling petrol not all the time but probably once every time I get in my car.
Engine hot or cold all weather's.

I have looked around the engine around the fuel lines but cannot see anything visible cannot smell petrol?.

All you good people have any ideas please.

Hi all,
The last 12 months I keep smelling petrol not all the time but probably once every time I get in my car.
Engine hot or cold all weather's.

I have looked around the engine around the fuel lines but cannot see anything visible cannot smell petrol?.

All you good people have any ideas please.

Hi :)
its as likely to be one of the @4 pipes near to the Fuel tank ( under back seat )

Have you had any work done in the last 2 or 3 years..? Fuel pump..or Filler..??

often hoses are not put back on properly :(

Other options :

Do let us know what you find :)

Last edited:
its as likely to be one of the @4 pipes near to the Fuel tank ( under back seat )

Other options :

Hi,
No not touched nothing like the fuel filter ot filler.

Other options :

Will have a look soon as I can and thank you for your guidance.

Also look for the evapouration cannister and associated pipes. This may be in the rear wheel arch but I dont know. Thats where it lives in the Panda. These things can fail. i have had to have two replaced. This gadget catches tank fumes and feed them back to the engine so there are a set of pipes associated. Usually if there is a fault it would cause a fault light on the dash but at an early stage, who knows.

Back