Technical Slamming MK2 Punto!

Currently reading:
Technical Slamming MK2 Punto!

Good Afternoon Fiat Punto Owners

I have a 52 reg MK2 punto, cracking motor love it to bits, Im just wondering how much it will cost me to get my car lowered or how much it cost you to get it lowered, I currently have 15" alloys with 195/55/R15. i'm looking at a kit online

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Perfo..._Supersport_Suspension_Kit/332/0/151200/27659

Are these people overcharging to do this, and do i need the shocks or just the springs, as this would save me a hell of a lot of money!

Also to anyone else who has slammed there punto, whats the best MM to come down by, i'm thinking 35/40mm to set off the look i'm going for

Thanks in Advance!
Your fellow Punto driver!

I lowered mine by that much and it cost me £30 (y)

Original shocks are fine on a drop that small, I just had to pay extra to buy spring compressors and fitted the springs myself. You have to be lucky to get them that cheap. Just keep an eye on eBay

Ah nice one, what springs do you have, Eibach?

You have saved me a lot of money!
I'll keep an eye out for eBay now!

Also these puntos you're breaking, do you have a MK2 sporting steering wheel?
Or eBay that as well?

Cheers.

:)

No sorry, just standard 8v's

Also my springs are Koni. You done much work on cars before? If not you may find the fronts very tricky without the right tools. Back springs take 5 minutes to replace with basic tools (y)

This is how low mine is now:

Attachments

• DSCN2282.JPG
    DSCN2282.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 34
I wouldn't actually mind trying them. Maybe when all my suspension is shot. How long do they lat for them budget coillies?

Also next time my back brakes play up I was thinking of a HGT rear axle. Would they work on the rear of a HGT?

Dont bother with an HGT axle. Its heavy and the brakes will rust and sieze lonmg before they wear out. The only advantages is pulsed ABS at both ends. Drums are just eased off they dont pulse.

Fit new drums, new shoes, new handbrake levers (brake end) and back plate if needed. It will be cheaper and more reliable than HGT brakes. New wheel cylinders wouldnt go amiss either.

My brakes had all round discs and pads last easter so are well bedded in and virtually new. When the front caliper jammed last week I used the handbrake to stop as it avoided having to thump the caliper to free it off. The rear brakes are frankly crap. I expected them to be all too easily locking up.

No way - even heaving on the lever it just gently eases to a stop.

In normal use, the brakes are fine but dont assume the rear discs are better than the drums. They are not even pretty to look at

Last edited:
Back