General Skydome in the Mediterranean?

Currently reading:
General Skydome in the Mediterranean?

Pandakas

Most users say that Skydome is bound to increase interior temperature (even with blinds closed?).
Though this may be desirable in the north, what about the South?
Has anyone used (or travelled) to the Mediterranean under a Skydome?
Will simple aicon suffice, should I opt for auto climate control?

Thanx

I have a Skydome on my Panda 100hp and I live in Athens, Greece. Yes, it does make the interior a little hotter than not having one I suppose, but when the temp doesn't seem to have been below 35 degrees for months I don't think it would make a whole lot of difference! The Skydome is great in the evening and at night however, and makes up for the little increase in interior temp.

I have standard aircon and although it's not the strongest I have had, it does the job. Climate Control uses the same bits I think, just with a user definable temperature. I couldn't care less as long as its cold!

I have a Skydome on my Panda 100hp and I live in Athens, Greece. Yes, it does make the interior a little hotter than not having one I suppose, but when the temp doesn't seem to have been below 35 degrees for months I don't think it would make a whole lot of difference! The Skydome is great in the evening and at night however, and makes up for the little increase in interior temp.

Yes, of course.... I'd forgotten these lovely night-rides....

I have standard aircon and although it's not the strongest I have had, it does the job. Climate Control uses the same bits I think, just with a user definable temperature. I couldn't care less as long as its cold!

Good... so I may also stick to standard aircon as well (will make my wife happier for not spending an extra 500+ Euros on this tiny car....!)

BTW: I saw that the cosmetic damage in your 100hp cost something like 3300 Eur!. Have any idea about servicing costs? (I used to own a previous generation P 4x4 -sold it in 2002- and it was quite affordable)...

Thanks, anyway.

I'd have to agree: it does get hot quickly when the sun's shining in!

Knowing what I know now (have had the panda for a year and a half now) I would prefer the climate control over the skydome. the main problem with the skydome is that there aren't that many occasions to drive with it open. You'll only open it fully when it's between 20 and 25 degrees Celsius outside and drive comfortably (noise) at speeds up to 80km/h, 50mph.

Of course, it makes for a light interior, which is nice, but even that's only with the blinds open! So, for me, here in Romania, in retrospect, there isn't much point in having the skydome.

But fortunately it looks cool, 24/7, from the outside :p

Right...
But yet driving along seaside roads in the Greek summer evenings is an experience to be enjoyed roofless. (OK, I don't have a convertible -nor I mean to get one, by sun roof will do the job, too...)

On the subject of my Panda's damage, yes it was that much! Only had the oil changed so far which cost 65 euro at Spicar in Alimos. They said that the first service will be around 225 without brakes...

On the Skydome subject, tonight I have come back from Kifisia along the national road, 120+ most of the way with just the Skydome open. The noise was bearable and the coolness just about right...even on these hot days. Soepy is right in the fact that the roof may not get opened that often in the day during summer, just as a cabrio doesn't in summer here either, but at night its perfect...think of it as a moon roof!

Where are you planning to get your Panda from?

On the subject of my Panda's damage, yes it was that much! Only had the oil changed so far which cost 65 euro at Spicar in Alimos. They said that the first service will be around 225 without brakes...

On the Skydome subject, tonight I have come back from Kifisia along the national road, 120+ most of the way with just the Skydome open. The noise was bearable and the coolness just about right...even on these hot days. Soepy is right in the fact that the roof may not get opened that often in the day during summer, just as a cabrio doesn't in summer here either, but at night its perfect...think of it as a moon roof!

Where are you planning to get your Panda from?

Just ordered it today from Spicar (Alimos). Actually, I've spent the past week shopping around and it was there that I got the best deal. I'm sure you're aware that 99% of the people involved in car sales are sleazy "parrots" (in Greece, at least) and the saleswoman with Spicar has come as a really pleasant surprice. Competent, shrewd and honest (to the degree that a salesperson can be). I was given a 2-month delivery estimate, given the extras I've asked for (yes, Skydome is one of them!...just an evening ride to Sounion or, even better, in the countryside I'm sure that will make up for its 650 Euros' worth).
As soon as I'll get back from holidays, I'll start looking for a decent service point. You know, it's not just the servicing cost itself; it's the quality of service you're offered. Today I had to take my old Huyndai to have its brake disks replace: it took me just over 30 minutes plus a quarter of an hour for a quick check-out. If only I could get something even remotely similar for my Panda.....

Back