Sixth Form Parking Issues :(

Currently reading:
Sixth Form Parking Issues :(

ok dan i have a solution for you. our uni actively clamps people and i have the sticker to prove this. There is a disable area (about 15 spaces) about 20 feet from the block and the normal car park is like a 5 min walk. security clamp people if they dont have a blue badge to park in the disabled bay, but poeple here have lowered their cars sufficinetly for the clamp not to fit between the tyre and the arch....

therefore reason for you to go lower :)
and before anybody comes and has a go, there are 12 spaces there, mmaximum amount of people with blue badges i have ever seen was 3 so therfore theres plenty left.

yup always good to find a way to park in the disabled spaces....
honestly what is wrong with people?

ok dan i have a solution for you. our uni actively clamps people and i have the sticker to prove this. There is a disable area (about 15 spaces) about 20 feet from the block and the normal car park is like a 5 min walk.

So you are prepared to abuse parking regulations and steal disabled specs`.....ALL BECAUSE you are not prepared to do a 5 min walk.

Sad.

ok dan i have a solution for you. our uni actively clamps people and i have the sticker to prove this. There is a disable area (about 15 spaces) about 20 feet from the block and the normal car park is like a 5 min walk. security clamp people if they dont have a blue badge to park in the disabled bay, but poeple here have lowered their cars sufficinetly for the clamp not to fit between the tyre and the arch....

therefore reason for you to go lower :)
and before anybody comes and has a go, there are 12 spaces there, mmaximum amount of people with blue badges i have ever seen was 3 so therfore theres plenty left.

And it's people like you that can stop people with disabilites going out by parking in the disabled bays when your not meant to.

Dan, just park on the road, it's a five minute walk, much easier than the risk of getting kicked out for not following the rules.

Risk you take buying a car that it might get damaged.

They dont have to provide you with the extra parking, if you are worried about your mirrors fold them in.

You cant get 08 plate 106's either. If you are parking in what you have been told are teachers spaces then expect a teacher to park behind you to block you in. Much more effective than a clamp. Its what we do to people that park in out spaces at work. Benefits of having spare cars at the office, dont have to move them when you need to go home, people soon stop parking there :)

Last edited:
They dont have to provide you with the extra parking, if you are worried about your mirrors fold them in.

You cant get 08 plate 106's either. If you are parking in what you have been told are teachers spaces then expect a teacher to park behind you to bloke you in. Much more effective than a clamp. Its what we do to people that park in out spaces at work. Benefits of having spare cars at the office, dont have to move them when you need to go home, people soon stop parking there :)

That is brilliant!

And she paid 10k for it? hahaha

And if you know the kids that are doing it from the cctv then go have words?
See Matt this is what you do, you nit pick peoples posts picking anything out, taking it completely out of context.

Since when did I say her car was worth that amount? I didn't. I was talking about other students cars :rolleyes:.

The person who did it is paying for the repairs.

See Matt this is what you do, you nit pick peoples posts picking anything out, taking it completely out of context.

Since when did I say her car was worth that amount? I didn't. I was talking about other students cars :rolleyes:.

The person who did it is paying for the repairs.

No, i read it as the car was 10k that is all so i didnt take it out of context nor was i nit picking. If the person is paying for the repairs then where is the issue?

So if you were our age and had £10000's worth of car you would go with the flow and park on the grass allowing your wing mirrors to be ripped off? I doubt it

When you have previously been talking about your mates 107 and then you post this it sounds as though you are refering to her car (y) So stop your rolling eyes.

Last edited:
yup always good to find a way to park in the disabled spaces....
honestly what is wrong with people?

So you are prepared to abuse parking regulations and steal disabled specs`.....ALL BECAUSE you are not prepared to do a 5 min walk.

Sad.

And it's people like you that can stop people with disabilites going out by parking in the disabled bays when your not meant to.

Dan, just park on the road, it's a five minute walk, much easier than the risk of getting kicked out for not following the rules.

Risk you take buying a car that it might get damaged.

ive not done it....as my car is standard apart from 14" wheels so clamp will easily fit over my wheels.i robbed the sticker off a friend who has done it in his race prepped scooby time attack car who is slammed to the floor on 17"'s....so before everybody starts with the "its people like me blah blah blah etc etc etc" its not me im just explaining what my classmates have done. if your tat concerned ill gladly give mobile numbers etc for you to give them an ear bashing not me, karbine merely asked for suggestions, i gave him one.

If it's a big issue then raise it to your student council if you have one, if not get yourself a petition in the sixth form. just ask for more "safe" parking spaces.

though how a school budget would stretch to that is another matter. perhaps suggest ideas on how it can be acheived. though unless your school is in a rural area you won't have much luck.

and as for students with £10,000 cars then i'm sure they're parents don't mind paying for a new mirror. it's more students with cars they've bought themselves that i'd feel more sympathetic towards.

If it's a big issue then raise it to your student council if you have one, if not get yourself a petition in the sixth form. just ask for more "safe" parking spaces.

though how a school budget would stretch to that is another matter. perhaps suggest ideas on how it can be acheived. though unless your school is in a rural area you won't have much luck.

and as for students with £10,000 cars then i'm sure they're parents don't mind paying for a new mirror. it's more students with cars they've bought themselves that i'd feel more sympathetic towards.

I don't think its each car is worth £10k, but all together.

So if you were our age and had £10000's worth of car you would go with the flow and park on the grass allowing your wing mirrors to be ripped off? I doubt it

I don't think its each car is worth £10k, but all together.

well he did say "car" not cars. but my point remains i'd feel more gutted for the person with the old banger who paid for it themselves than those with a nicer car but whose parents paid for it.

Back