Parking in a garage

Currently reading:
Parking in a garage

I just wondered how practical it is to reverse park a car in a single garage at a property. Is it easy/practical to get out of the car?

Using your mirrors park as close to the wall on the passenger side as you can manage, so leaving yourself maximum space to get out of the driver's side door.
If you can't manage that, buy a Classic Panda with twin sun roofs and climb out of the roof!

As has been said - depends on the size of the car and the garage. Looking at most modern builds I think you would be hard pushed to get anything other than a lawnmower and bicycle in.

Picking up on Paddynabs post though - I would never reverse a car into a garage. If you do you are filling the garage with fumes; if there is a door into the house you will risk filling the house with gases/smells and even if no door, you are filling an enclosed space with noxious stuff (which you are sitting in). Better to go in frontwise so the exhaust is always pumping to the outside.

As long as the practical aspect is concerned, it depends of what time of the day you are parking the car. Particularly if you are married.
The easy aspect is inversely proportional with the degree of drunkenness.....

Unless you are one of those people who hits snooze until you get to work 5 minutes late every day you should just park in the normal way. Here's the thing, it's way easier to reverse onto the street than it is to reverse into a garage where the space is much less and you have a chance at hitting something.

Unless you are one of those people who hits snooze until you get to work 5 minutes late every day you should just park in the normal way. Here's the thing, it's way easier to reverse onto the street than it is to reverse into a garage where the space is much less and you have a chance at hitting something.

That's entirely dependent on how busy your street is, and how big/full of stuff your garage is :p

It's all down to how confident/capable a driver you are, simple as that.

Well it's not really all down to that. I mean, I'm pretty sure anyone with a driving license would be able to reverse a Cinq/Sei into a large garage. But even an experienced driver would take their time getting a '69 Mustang into a modern garage which is barely wide enough for a Focus!

Well it's not really all down to that. I mean, I'm pretty sure anyone with a driving license would be able to reverse a Cinq/Sei into a large garage. But even an experienced driver would take their time getting a '69 Mustang into a modern garage which is barely wide enough for a Focus!

Aye! but you would also be experienced enough to realise if it was possible or not.

Back