Sixth Form Parking Issues :(

Currently reading:
Sixth Form Parking Issues :(

define 'quite a distance'
5 minutes walk,15,30?
i often walk to my boys nursery than take the car as its a PITA for parking in the tiny car park
parking outside of it is limited
thats a 40 minute walk each way
Around 2 mins walk but I'm not leaving my car outside of school grounds where it isn't within my sight (and why should I when there are parking spaces....) I don't even leave my car outside when my drive way is full.

Premier inn? There isn't a Premier inn anywhere!

Last edited:
Hang on a minute, its not your land, its not your school, and you dont make the rules or call the shots. They are in charge and have the upper hand not you. The authourities are not going to be dictated to by you anymore than my MD would if I chose to ignore the rules and persistantly take in his spec` on the carpark :D.

They are under no obligation to provide you with a parking space and the fact there are none localy is your problem not theirs.

Carry on and you will be seen as a trouble maker, I can see you getting invited into the office and told you are banned from taking your car on THEIR site because you wont follow THEIR rules. You could even kicked off the course if you carry on taking the pi** out of them and wont that look good on your CV (y)

Hang on a minute, its not your land, its not your school, and you dont make the rules or call the shots. They are in charge and have the upper hand not you. The authourities are not going to be dictated to by you anymore than my MD would if I chose to ignore the rules and persistantly take in his spec` on the carpark :D.

They are under no obligation to provide you with a parking space and the fact there are none localy is your problem not theirs.

Carry on and you will be seen as a trouble maker, I can see you getting invited into the office and told you are banned from taking your car on THEIR site because you wont follow THEIR rules. You could even kicked off the course if you carry on taking the pi** out of them and wont that look good on your CV (y)
The car park isn't sign posted for teachers only, as said in the very OP.

There are no signs, it is just a general car park on the school grounds.
I am fully aware that it isn't my land or my school.. we wouldn't be having this debate if it was.. :p.

And they are providing a parking space as said above only it is located directly on the field where damage occures. Infact last week 2 other car wing mirrors were taken off with footballs.

The car park isn't sign posted for teachers only, as said in the very OP.

There are no signs, it is just a general car park on the school grounds.
I am fully aware that it isn't my land or my school.. we wouldn't be having this debate if it was.. :p.

And they are providing a parking space as said above only it is located directly on the field where damage occures. Infact last week 2 other car wing mirrors were taken off with footballs.

it isnt signed,but you are made aware of the parking procedures?
are you expecting them to surface an extra area for parking and fit CCTV?

Depends how much you care for your car though doesn't it...
Wait until you have to go shopping and park in a shoppers car park?! Or want to visit another town and say park in a multi-storey or on the street.

Personally, I don't watch my car 24/7 - more important things to worry about. In fact, once I park up I generally forget about it...

Your making this issue a bit late now to be honest, your in year 13 like me, and i leave school on 28th may to go on study leave for exams, then never return:D.

So you can only have around the same length of time left aswell?

Wait until you have to go shopping and park in a shoppers car park?! Or want to visit another town and say park in a multi-storey or on the street.

Personally, I don't watch my car 24/7 - more important things to worry about. In fact, once I park up I generally forget about it...
I don't have kids (not that I know of), or a house, or a wife, or bills to maintain though! (not saying you do or anything but you know what I mean). So having a car is quite a big asset of mine at 17!

Erm, yeah I know what you mean about parking in other areas but parking on the field is pretty much asking for damage and has been proved. Matty_1303's girlfriend had her car written on in marker pen the other day there too :mad:.

so you want/demand the school surfaces and creates a new car park for 40+ students(probably more since some probably lower themselves to walking/bus justy now)
so we have moved from you feeling you have a right to using staff parking to the school has to set up secure parking for you?
where is that in the budget?
all because you feel it is your right to have your car under 2 minutes away and visible at all times?
that right?

Another question....... when you start working for a living what will you do if no convenient, or what you consider as safe parking is provided? Will you be turning jobs down based on the fact you dont feel confident about the area you will be having to park your car in??

Does anyone else think this is stupid?....

My school is literally clamping down on students who park in the "teachers" parking area, they are threatening to clamp students who park there now as apparently the teachers aren't getting spaces to park!

There is a student car park, with enough room to fit 12 cars but we counted 46 students drive to school. They have "designed" a parking over flow for students on the school field where all the kids play at break and dinner time. A friend of mine has just had her wing mirror literally snapped off from her 08 plate 106 by parking there the other day.

Me and a friend today parked in the "teachers car park" as we care about our cars! Only me and him had to balls to park there but I don't quite understand it as the area isn't dedicated for teachers. However all of this remains on the school ground so I take it they can clamp who ever they want to?

There is no space to park outside of school as it is all double yellow lines either.

What are peoples opinions?

ok dan i have a solution for you. our uni actively clamps people and i have the sticker to prove this. There is a disable area (about 15 spaces) about 20 feet from the block and the normal car park is like a 5 min walk. security clamp people if they dont have a blue badge to park in the disabled bay, but poeple here have lowered their cars sufficinetly for the clamp not to fit between the tyre and the arch....

therefore reason for you to go lower :)
and before anybody comes and has a go, there are 12 spaces there, mmaximum amount of people with blue badges i have ever seen was 3 so therfore theres plenty left.

Back