Technical Sidelights keep blowing

Currently reading:
Technical Sidelights keep blowing

for a little while now my sidelights refuse to work, so I changed them an then after a few weeks they stop working - however if i give them a damn good wiggle they sometimes work, but sometimes just placing them back in the lamp is enough to jog them and they go off again. At the moment i have no sidelights, i cant keep replacing them lol as I dont think theyre actually blowing. Ive read about cleaning the terminals etc I just need a bit of assistance, thanks.

Welcome to my world, my right front indicator will cut out if I hit a bump in the road, the next bump will make it work again, and then it'll be fine for ages. I've replaced the bulb holder and cleaned all the contact points, still does it.

well redid all my front end wiring as i can say is, first do the terminals then move onto the plugs and finally and generally the earth wire cores tend to go black.

both my feeds and earths had gone black about a foot or 2 down the wire and was no good so chop and replace:(

best way to check, is check resistance from light terminal from the live to fuse holder on the respective light and the earth terminal to chassis

Ash

I agree cleaning should help however if it's loose that could be a problem. If all that fails getting a replacement socket (the actual bit the light screws into) might help. Another possability although this could be way out. The fuse if it's loose it could do the same. I hope you get it working and use dipped beam instead of sidelights until its fixed.

Back