General should I? our have you? upgrade from a colour therapy?

Currently reading:
General should I? our have you? upgrade from a colour therapy?

MrTc

Hi Guys, Been along while since i posted! only just rememberd about this forum as I was browsing the Net!! so have now saved it.
Anway Ive had my 500 colour therapy for almost a year, Had fiat call me today to ask if i wanted to meet to discuss getting another car from them, mines a 14 reg.
Im happy with my car, only use it weekends, fun to drive etc but im interested what your veiws are about trading in for a new model? is it worth it? it obvioulsy would be a newer car, but it would have to be better than ive got to make me consider a change already, have any of you upgraded and prefered a different model? a sport? a lounge? etc interested in what you guys think or have done.
I do intend to go along to fiat and see what they say, see what they offer, i'll keep you guys updated if interested.
Thanks in advance for any replys, and sorry for my long absence!

i guess it's a similar analogy to being able to upgrade your phone after a particular length on contract..... Dealers make their money by persuading people to trade up. It sounds like you aren't a high mileage driver and were actually happy with your car before you got the call... I guess the question to ask yourself is do I need a new car and can I afford to do so. And then work from there :)
I just used to put those letters in the recycling as I was still very happy with my car after 4.5 years until its untimely demise.

P.S. If you are tempted then I'd suggest you spec up your dream car on carwow to get an idea of how much of a "deal" the dealer offers...

Last edited:
This takes me back to a summer job I once had in my student days, delivering cars for a BL dealer.
In the 1970's it was quite common for folks to trade cars in after a year (that's when the warranty ran out back then); I found it amusing at the time that the used car I was collecting was often much nicer to drive than the identical new replacement I'd just dropped off.

Reactions: UFI
Currently my one month old Twin Air 105 Lounge with 270 miles on the clock is lying dormant with engine warning and misfiring issues that Fiat can't look at until Friday whilst my just sold six year old 1.2 is probably spinning about just as it always did without any problems.

So I'm probably the wrong person to ask.

i guess it's a similar analogy to being able to upgrade your phone after a particular length on contract..... Dealers make their money by persuading people to trade up. It sounds like you aren't a high mileage driver and were actually happy with your car before you got the call... I guess the question to ask yourself is do I need a new car and can I afford to do so. And then work from there :)
I just used to put those letters in the recycling as I was still very happy with my car after 4.5 years until its untimely demise.

P.S. If you are tempted then I'd suggest you spec up your dream car on carwow to get an idea of how much of a "deal" the dealer offers...
Cheers guys, and FloJo , think i will need to see what they say/offer even out of curiosity, I wasnt even thinking of changing the car, since ive had that phone call, im tempted LOL
i guess i have to ask myself do i want to pay out for a higher spec model, and is it worth the extra £
what was the demise of your car Flojo?

Cheers guys, and FloJo , think i will need to see what they say/offer even out of curiosity, I wasnt even thinking of changing the car, since ive had that phone call, im tempted LOL
i guess i have to ask myself do i want to pay out for a higher spec model, and is it worth the extra £
what was the demise of your car Flojo?

Yeah, it's always worth seeing what they have to say.

I really like the Colour Therapy model; my wife has one in Volare Blue and my sister has one in Pasadoble Red (with matching red seats too which makes it look really smart!).

Although it is essentially a Pop with aircon, the colours combined with the wheel trims and white mirror covers/aerial really suit the 500 very well.

I know it misses out on some gadgets, but I'm not sure that is such a bad thing. Not 100% convinced Fiats and cutting edge technology go hand in hand!:)(y)

Yeah, it's always worth seeing what they have to say.

I really like the Colour Therapy model; my wife has one in Volare Blue and my sister has one in Pasadoble Red (with matching red seats too which makes it look really smart!).

Although it is essentially a Pop with aircon, the colours combined with the wheel trims and white mirror covers/aerial really suit the 500 very well.

I know it misses out on some gadgets, but I'm not sure that is such a bad thing. Not 100% convinced Fiats and cutting edge technology go hand in hand!:)(y)
Cheers Super Uwe, mines the one in Volare blue too :) and yes I do love the wheel trims and the bits of white too, and Aircon has to be a Must lol
I have seen a lounge on their website i must admit i really like, and possibly could be tempted with the right deal, but i'll just go there with an open mind. its a 15 plate, mines 14, I hate the rear lights on the NEW ones! with the colour coded bit in the middle!
how you got on with your Fiats? do like the Puntos too, just never had one

Back