Should I buy an iPhone / iPod adaptor?

Currently reading:
Should I buy an iPhone / iPod adaptor?

simer

Up until now I have been using a 16gb usb stick with all my music chucked on it - ie no playlists etc - so I get pretty random music.

I'm beginning to miss having playlists and want to use my iPhone 3GS so that I can easily play albums, artists, my own playlists or genius playlists. I would also quite like my CoPilot sat nav instructions to play through the system (if only Blue&Me had A2DP bluetooth like the Parrot system in our other car but that is another story).

Will the adapter enable me to play my own playlists or genius playlists or will I just be stuck with artist / album through the Blue&Me controls?

The overall question is should I get the Blue&Me adaptor or not?

A lot of you seem to have been having problems but it is hard to get a sense of whether it is 5% or 50% of you with problems?

Overall how do you rate it, will it enable me to do what I want it to do and is it reliable? (the USB stick is at least reliable)

I've been having trouble with my memory stick giving the 'No Media' error so I might look into this myself.

Hi

I have a Blue & Me iPod Adapter and use it wit my iPhone 3GS. I can honestly say it was an excellent purchase. Works straight away with your iPod music. Just plug & play!

In answer to your question, you can search by Artist, Album, or Playlist.

A lot of money I know, but worth it. I'm just worried now that iOS 4 has been announced for iPhone, whether or not this will affect playback or compatibility with the Blue & Me adapter? Will a Blue & Me software update be required for iOS 4 which is out end of month? It might be worth you holding off for word from us guinea pigs! lol.

Geo

Got the adaptor and so far so good.

I am pleased to report that, certainly with the CoPilot Live iPhone app, the instructions come out over the car speakers. The ipod music fades, the instructions are broadcast and then the music fades back in - neat!

I'm not sure if it will work the same way with the radio on - I'll let you know if it does.

The only irritating thing so far is that the iPhone display stays blank so you don't get to see the album artwork. I'll maybe try to see if I can overcome it some way but it doesn't seem to be in any of the settings or prefs that I can find.

Do you find the same or is there an easy & probably very obvious fix?

Unfortunately it's not possible to view artwork or access any music controls on the iPhone when connected to blue and me. Shame really because it would be handy for the passenger to also control the music playback directly from the iPod. The user interface is much more user friendly on the iPod than using blue and me as there is lots of scrolling that's needs doing on the blue and me with such a limited character display. My wife goes mad at me when I'm selecting music on blue and me from my iPhone as in all honestly it's probably more distracting than using your phone whilst driving! Lol.

Blue and Me needs to be more user friendly with it's music selection. I guess that's just what you get when you have nearly 32gb of music!

As i mention on a topic above,when i use the adapter with any ipod on my punto evo,i can only view ipod's playlists alphabetically(artists not related with those playlists won't appear).

When i use my ipod without the adapter i 'm able to view eveything except the playlists again in alphabeticall order.

I 'm not in any position to confirm this, but since i got my car 1 week ago,i believe i have the latest blue&me version.

So i can't say i m 100% satisfied with my adapter purchase,not until i fix this!

Back