Technical shop4parts.co.uk are they any good for spare part (fiat panda )

Currently reading:
Technical shop4parts.co.uk are they any good for spare part (fiat panda )

Dear All,

I hope you are well.

Do you have any experience with this site : www.shop4parts.co.uk

I am looking for some spare parts for my car and I can see that the price for the magneti marelli shock absorbers are very cheap compared with other mainstream intern sites.

I can see that the difference is huge.

the magneti marelli for my car panda 312pxl2a 1.3 4x4 multijet

autodoc : https://www.autodoc.co.uk/spares-search?keyword=51933589&supplier[0]=95 109 £ for botjh , left or right

shop4parts : https://www.autodoc.co.uk/spares-search?keyword=51933589&supplier[0]=95 left one 72 incl vat

https://www.shop4parts.co.uk/?name=store&op=Product&ProdID=15217 right one 81£ incl vat

I was wondering if someone had experience buying from this online shop.

I checked scam advisors internet sites and the online shop seems legit.

I would like an opinion please.

thank you in advance.

Dear All,

I hope you are well.

Do you have any experience with this site : www.shop4parts.co.uk

I am looking for some spare parts for my car and I can see that the price for the magneti marelli shock absorbers are very cheap compared with other mainstream intern sites.

I can see that the difference is huge.

the magneti marelli for my car panda 312pxl2a 1.3 4x4 multijet

autodoc : https://www.autodoc.co.uk/spares-search?keyword=51933589&supplier[0]=95 109 £ for botjh , left or right

shop4parts : https://www.autodoc.co.uk/spares-search?keyword=51933589&supplier[0]=95 left one 72 incl vat

https://www.shop4parts.co.uk/?name=store&op=Product&ProdID=15217 right one 81£ incl vat

I was wondering if someone had experience buying from this online shop.

I checked scam advisors internet sites and the online shop seems legit.

I would like an opinion please.

thank you in advance.
I had confirmation from shop4parts that the product code are the same of autodoc.

They're one of this forum's trusted suppliers, and generally get good or better reviews. I've used them myself, and have no hesitation in recommending them.

They're also very helpful if you phone for advice on the correct parts for your particular car.

If you make a donation to the forum, you'll be able to access a discount code which will get you a further 10% off anything you buy from them.

I've always had excellent service from them, parts usually arrive next day or so and even special order parts come within a few days. I first used them after a mainstream internet based parts supplier sent me what looked suspiciously counterfeit parts - if not counterfeit they lasted only a couple hundred miles. So Shop4parts is my go to for Fiat .

I always use them for my Panda, dad's Punto & our next door neighbours 500, they're service & postage times etc are second to none, as said parts mostly arrive next day. They're good not only for Fiat parts but Alfa,Abarths etc as well. My dad is a mechanic & if he ever needs parts for any Fiat or Alfa he works on the parts always come from shop4parts as they are always a guranteed fit even aftermarket parts, highly recommended.

Thank you everybody.

Very helpfull.

When I wrote the name in the title I did not show me anything.

That is why I asked.

They customer service seems good.

I will buy a shock absorbers kit from magneti marelli.

The only thing I do not like is that they have just SUPLEX and SKF springs.

That I heard are not considered the best :

In autodoco and mainstream site they propose SACHS and OPRIMAL as top.

I do not know do you suggest suplex and skf, ?

I do not mind to spend more.

Eibach and h&s got just not oem lowing products .

I am open to any suggestion

Thabk you again

SKF used to have a good reputation…I can’t confirm whether this is still the case as not had to change any since my Niva, and that was 12yrs ago

Suplex have been good on a number of 169 Pandas, for price, quality and longevity.
SKF bearings are definitely still good, didn't even know they did springs.
Sachs used to be good for dampers.
Had a few quality problems with Optimal.

Never had a problem with parts supplied by Shop4parts, including special order parts.

Don't know how much that helps you.

Suplex have been good on a number of 169 Pandas, for price, quality and longevity.
SKF bearings are definitely still good, didn't even know they did springs.
Sachs used to be good for dampers.
Had a few quality problems with Optimal.

Never had a problem with parts supplied by Shop4parts, including special order parts.

Don't know how much that helps you.
I think SKF do a lot of things, like driveshafts, seals, springs and bearings

Wouldn't be surprised if they cover a lot of the market.
I fitted a SKF timing belt/water pump kit last year, but as the car has only done about 500 miles since, I don't really know if they are particularly good or bad.
I doubt they would supply rubbish and taint their good reputation, but stranger things have happened to good brand names recently.

I had a spate of Broken front springs this year.. Will post my findings shortly...

Suplex have a small nick / notch at the end of the lower coil

My fractures have been at that point
I called s4p and they said its not a common failure..

A replacement from GSF had no notch
(kilen brand?)

But.. When I hit another crater at 70mph on a dark and wet evening..
The spring may break at the halfway point.. Rendering the car undriveable

The notch may be useful

Last edited:
I had a spate of Broken front springs this year.. Will post my findings shortly...

Suplex have a small nick / notch at the end of the lover coil

My fractures have been at that point
I called s4p. And they said its not a common failure..

A replacement from GSF had no notch
(kilen brand?)

But.. When I hit another crater at 70mph on a dark and wet evening..
The spring may break at the halfway point.. Rendering the car undriveable

The notch may be useful
I've noticed they fatigue and break at their weakest point. Just a few microns of corrosion on one spot will start the ball rolling.

I've noticed they fatigue and break at their weakest point. Just a few microns of corrosion on one spot will start the ball rolling.
This was a year old and spotless..
(why I rang them..)
It's abviously designed to 'let go' there as a safety feature.. Any further up and car would be undriveable.. Potentially taking out the tyre also 🤔

Just wanted to contribute by saying I have ordered from Shop4Parts in the past over the gears. For Fiat approved gearbox oil. And then for filters - AutoDoc and the likes have been less than obvious over variations in the filters for the beloved 1.2 engine and all its small revisions. The folks at S4P never sent me a wrong part, very helpful via email.

If you donate to this forum I think there is a discount code. depending on your spend it could make its money back instantly

I recently ordered engine oil, some washer fluid and dashboard cleaner wipes, the process was faultless but they don’t take payment until the parts have shipped I had to phone them up and ask if the order had gone through properly as I hadn’t been charged after making the order.

I‘m about to order some more stuff from them for the first service on my 4x4, well oil and filter change actually.

Back