General SHOCK HORROR - When fuel guage says empty it is!

Currently reading:
General SHOCK HORROR - When fuel guage says empty it is!

But as ffoxy says the feed is constantly coming from the bottom of the tank ffs :bang:

It can only really happen on metal tanks due to rust as mentioned unless you feed crap into your tank.

ffoxy posted the same time as me;)

and yes it generally only happens with metal tanks but can happen with plastic tanks etc like chris says.

being the poor student types i know a fair few of my mates its happened to some of whom drive even newer cars than mine (new fiesta etc) hence why i said it aint a myth.

ffoxy posted the same time as me;)

and yes it generally only happens with metal tanks but can happen with plastic tanks etc like chris says.

being the poor student types i know a fair few of my mates its happened to some of whom drive even newer cars than mine (new fiesta etc) hence why i said it aint a myth.

Well I'd be taking it back to the dealer if its happened on cars that new as there shouldn't be any crap in the tank from itself.

For the final time.........

The fuel pipe comes from the bottom of the tank. So it doesnt matter if your tank is made from feckin gravel! it is always sooking from the bottom. Full or empty has nothing to do with it. and rolf, all modern cars have at least 1 fuel filter.

For the final time.........

The fuel pipe comes from the bottom of the tank. So it doesnt matter if your tank is made from feckin gravel! it is always soaking from the bottom. Full or empty has nothing to do with it. and Rolf, all modern cars have at least 1 fuel filter.

read it the first time.

doesn't matter whether you have a filter or not there is still going to be some crap that gets through.

its when you tank is sufficiently empty that it splutters which lifts all the crap up and feeds it in.

but as you like to keep reminding me with a fuel filter that isnt so much a problem. only difference being you will need a new filter more often if you let it happen but it is trashing the filter rather than the engine which is obviously the point.

LoL! thanks for the tip, just got mine yesterday its a T-reg though so I don't think it even has a fuel light haha.

when i picked my car up from the stealers it had zero fuel in it, tbh i didnt notice as i was too excited, needle was at zero and i thought "hmm...that will be plenty to get to a petrol station", left the stealers onto a dual carrigway...put the foot down to experience the turbo and then it died!! 300-400 yards from the dealer.

He got a plesent phone call after that

Not Motorpoint in Glasgow then?
Car is left with just enough petrol to get you to the convenient BP station 200 yards from the door.

Back