Tuning Shock Absorber recommendations for Eibachs?

Currently reading:
Tuning Shock Absorber recommendations for Eibachs?

I realise this has been done before somewhat, but here's my predicament:

So, my front left shock absorber's creaking like a pensioner (or knocking like a postman) with every compress now after 20,000 miles with Eibach Pro-kits. I'm looking to get some new front shocks, ones that were actually designed for shortened springs, instead of just stressing some stock ones as I did before.

So I've been eyeing up the possibilities... in an ideal world, Koni FSDs look the best option for comfort and handling, but it's not very easy to justify £600 on 4 shocks. What other options are there that could give a decent level of comfort and good handling? What would, say, a £150 set like these be like?

Thanks guys :)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
go for bilestein it is eibach same company and theere are b8 absorbers that are shortened specially for eibach springs

go for bilestein it is eibach same company and theere are b8 absorbers that are shortened specially for eibach springs

I did have my eyes on Bilstein, but all the reviews pointed to a firmer ride than the Konis.

Decided to go for new top mounts, hopefully the shocks will arrive this week and I can do a little write up after some weekend hooning :)

I've done a few hundred miles of varying roads since having them fitted and think I can give an opinion now.

They still give the firmness for handling, but potholes are nowhere near as loud and bumpy, they just seem to react to the road and adjust almost instantly. They're certainly nowhere near as soft as stock, but I no longer have to slow down to a crawl for speed bumps.

Koni say not to fit them to springs any lower than 40mm, which means the shocks are just right for my Pro-kit. I'd say they'd be fine for Sportlines, but if you have any lower springs you're probably asking for trouble.

A big shoutout to Larkspeed too (not sure if I'm allowed to do this on the forum). Their website's a bit of a headache to use, but they offered the best price by far and great service, and gave me calls to keep me updated. That, plus the lifetime warranty they offer on Koni shocks, and you can't go wrong.

Last edited:
Back