Technical Share ideas on Amateur Radio Installation

Currently reading:
Technical Share ideas on Amateur Radio Installation

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶

donsmith

fiatkk5don.jpg

Got my callsign plates. Now I just have to figure out how to install a two-meter amateur transceiver without leaving visible damage to my new Lounge when it comes time to take the radio and its antenna out. I'm starting this thread in the hopes there are other Fiat 500 owners who are working on the same problem and have ideas to share.

At the moment I'm thinking of a two-piece rig with a small head and a cable to the body that might mount under a seat. I'm thinking about a Yaesu FTM-10R thats intended for motorcycles.

In addition, I'm thinking about a through-the-glass antenna. Good user reports on them at eHam.net.

In my experience, holes in the carpet under a seat are hard to notice - therefore, I think that's a good idea :) FIAT mount the optional subwoofer under the driver's seat as part of the Interscope sound system.

I don't know if you guys use a handheld microphone but if so, the centre console between the seats is the natural place for it. Otherwise, perhaps you could add another microphone in the space above the rear view mirror - there's one there already for the Blue&Me that I'm assuming your Lounge has. Alternatively, the Blue&Me unit is in one of the rear side panels - perhaps you can tap into the microphone feed there?

-Alex

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back