severe weather warning.....

Currently reading:
severe weather warning.....

Does it not? My point was everyone that works in the private sector that pays tax funds the schools and thus Teachers wages?

I don't get what the problem is?

And no I'd rather work pay tax and be annoyed with the system as it funds my lifestyle which I'd have to cut back if I was living on benefits :).

Last edited:
Our heating at work's broken, we put extra clothes and socks on. It's icy, we do our utmost to get in. I'd have loved to not go to work when it was snowing but I value both my job and the welfare of my patients too much (y)

The thing is my wife (a teacher) was in school every day during the snow even though the school was closed for one day and till most of the ice went most of the parents didn't send their kids. The heating at my wifes school is crap too.

There is a certain benefit/risk ratio that must be worked out, some of the parents and staff at my wifes school live far out so it's not safe for them to come in, when a certain amount of staff can't get in the school has to close. TBH I think the kids gained more from playing out in the fields than they lost from not being in school for a few days anyway.

If you work in a hospital and it's possibly for you to get in then you should, it's as simple as that really.

The thing is my wife (a teacher) was in school every day during the snow even though the school was closed for one day and till most of the ice went most of the parents didn't send their kids. The heating at my wifes school is crap too.

There is a certain benefit/risk ratio that must be worked out, some of the parents and staff at my wifes school live far out so it's not safe for them to come in, when a certain amount of staff can't get in the school has to close. TBH I think the kids gained more from playing out in the fields than they lost from not being in school for a few days anyway.

If you work in a hospital and it's possibly for you to get in then you should, it's as simple as that really.

Well done to her (y) If only everyone else, staff and students alike, could have made the efforts she did.

I don't work in a hospital BTW, I work in a supermarket but people need their medicines whatever the weather so life must go on :D

One of the schools I work in sometimes, the teachers get allocated a 3hr period (in school time) where their assistant takes the children away to do 'alternative' activities so they can do their planning..... Serious.

oh yes PPA ;)

and people think they can get all the paper work done in that time :rolleyes:

She's doing her first year of teaching so YES she does :p

Get back to work!!!!! :p

:ROFLMAO: Hows life going as an NQT? least you dont have to worry about OFSTEAD for a little bit longer ;)

Last edited:
One of the schools I work in sometimes, the teachers get allocated a 3hr period (in school time) where their assistant takes the children away to do 'alternative' activities so they can do their planning..... Serious.
It's called PPA :) Yes it isn't a joke either. Teachers still have to do a crapload of work outside of school hours too. I don't envy MissR or my wife when it comes to report time as well.

No I'm annoyed that my tax pay them to do this. Not only that I may have to LOOSE money to take a day off when my child should be at school.

And don't play the "health and safety" card there's plenty of schools that didn't shut even with 10inches outside.
Yeah because teachers don't pay tax? How awful for you to have to spend a day or two with your child. Your just another ****** who just thinks the schools are there to babysit.

No the schools are there to teach my child. Which can't be done if its shut for little or no reason.

Don't get angry with me I'm just trying to understand no need for personal attacks.
Of course and generally they do a good job of it in spite of the abuse they cop from a lot of parents. The thing is when the roads are as treacherous as they were accidents are likely and which local government is going to want to be responsible for a bunch of little sprogs dying in a bus accident?

Haven't you got some planning to be getting on with :p ;) :D

(mum/sister/aunt are all primary school teachers) :eek:
Yep for this week I have 120 folders to mark, To translate my year 9 work booklets into polish (with pictures that I need to take), Go to the supermarket to buy the food for technology that my pupils who can't afford it, and write and draw 3 exemplar folders for KS3.
Oh as well as getting as much other work as possible onto the online learning system so people can't complain we're not educating their children ;).

But in my daily FF fix I just couldn't let the 'lazy' comment slide, lol :) really winds me up people who think we finish at 3.30 for the day. I worked all day Sat & Sun this weekend! Yeah the hols are fab but you definitely don't go into teaching for the hourly rate. And I thought I worked long hours at my last job, lol.

Back