severe weather warning.....

Currently reading:
severe weather warning.....

Of course and generally they do a good job of it in spite of the abuse they cop from a lot of parents. The thing is when the roads are as treacherous as they were accidents are likely and which local government is going to want to be responsible for a bunch of little sprogs dying in a bus accident?
There already loads of backlash for that poor kid who slipped on the ice and died.

Of course and generally they do a good job of it in spite of the abuse they cop from a lot of parents. The thing is when the roads are as treacherous as they were accidents are likely and which local government is going to want to be responsible for a bunch of little sprogs dying in a bus accident?

What happened to kids walking to school?

Anyway, it wouldn't surprise me if some schools shut as to not affect attendance reports and therefore make them look bad on some sort of offsted report.

I think people are just trying to imply that a lot of the world still carries on fine when snow stops schools a lot longer.

People should grit side roads as already mentioned, the main roads were bad for a day or two. Its only hills you have to watch out for, ergh.

you definitely don't go into teaching for the hourly rate. And I thought I worked long hours at my last job, lol.

This got me confused when someone I know in quite a highly paid job in Computer Programming £45k+ quit to go do their teaching degree to teach at a primary school. I was like WTF :confused:.

She said she just got bored and wanted a challenge, and a challenge is just what she's got she looks really stressed now :eek:.

This got me confused when someone I know in quite a highly paid job in Computer Programming £45k+ quit to go do their teaching degree to teach at a primary school. I was like WTF :confused:.

She said she just got bored and wanted a challenge, and a challenge is just what she's got she looks really stressed now :eek:.
Lol well I worked in Advertising Design. Went into teaching because I get bored easily. Not one boring day yet doing this though! :)

Anyway, it wouldn't surprise me if some schools shut as to not affect attendance reports and therefore make them look bad on some sort of offsted report.

I think people are just trying to imply that a lot of the world still carries on fine when snow stops schools a lot longer.

People should grit side roads as already mentioned, the main roads were bad for a day or two. Its only hills you have to watch out for, ergh.

But sadly in this day of the compensation claim schools simply can't do that. Parents blame schools for their kids being stupid and they'll blame the school when little Shardonnay slips over, bumps her head and carks it.

But sadly in this day of the compensation claim schools simply can't do that. Parents blame schools for their kids being stupid and they'll blame the school when little Shardonnay slips over, bumps her head and carks it.

I completely agree about time parents took some responsibility for their children.

Everyone just looks to blame everyone else for everything nowadays :bang:.

I completely agree about time parents took some responsibility for their children.

Everyone just looks to blame everyone else for everything nowadays :bang:.
It's sad. It's silly things like this that meant that when I was helping my wife at school in PE lessons I couldn't help the kids properly by guiding them when they were throwing or swinging the bat. When i was at school if a teacher held your arm and showed you how to throw a ball or swing a bat it wasn't a problem....

There are many reasons for this one dying out - obvious one that most people will think of is laziness.

But another one is the government's 'choice agenda' which enables parents to express preferences on what schools they send their children to. Naturally, all parents will want to pick the schools perceived to be the best. Some will be lucky enough to get into the school of their choice which is more than likely some distance away.

So because of this, many children will live too far away from their school to walk. I personally think we should go back to the days where we all went to the local school. Would be bliss without all these 4x4s running all over the place en-masse (driven by people who can barely drive MINIs)! There would be other benefits to this system too - but that's for another thread, I'm sure :p

Yep for this week I have 120 folders to mark, To translate my year 9 work booklets into polish (with pictures that I need to take), Go to the supermarket to buy the food for technology that my pupils who can't afford it, and write and draw 3 exemplar folders for KS3.
Oh as well as getting as much other work as possible onto the online learning system so people can't complain we're not educating their children ;).

But in my daily FF fix I just couldn't let the 'lazy' comment slide, lol :) really winds me up people who think we finish at 3.30 for the day. I worked all day Sat & Sun this weekend! Yeah the hols are fab but you definitely don't go into teaching for the hourly rate. And I thought I worked long hours at my last job, lol.

Well, after reading that, I'm starting to have second thoughts about going into teaching...

I heard on the radio on the way home that the Met Office is in trouble because of the inaccuracy of their forecasts. "It might snow, or it might not" is just evidence of this - then again, it might not be :devil:

There is a cold front coming from the East which is set to meet a band of rain coming in from the West.

They've put 2 and 2 together I suppose: Rain + cold air = snow. Maybe.

local council here complaining about lack of grit / salt - however the lanes that currently have water pouring from the fields it's like a stream over the tarmac have been gritted! it's all washing away.... and it's very mild out! cars not even condensating up (n)

Back