General Servicing Next Week - What to have done?

Currently reading:
General Servicing Next Week - What to have done?

So my car will be going in for its full service next week and MOT after.

I have the 1.2 Punto Sporting, what should I have replaced/checked for the full service?

Also would anyone know what brand is best for lowering springs?? Need the car slammed once alloys are finished:devil:

- Luca

16v = Not Safe Engine
So if your near the 60K Mark - defo have the Belt changed :)

While the Belt is off - The waterpump should be changed and the belts tensioner as well - as there only do-able with the Cam Belt off

Next Have an Oil Changed and Oil Filter Change - replace with Good quality oil

Air Filter Replaced (There cheap as chips)

Have the Cooling System Drained - replace the thermostat - Flush system - Drained - Refill with a 50/50 Mix of Water/Anti-freeze
If you get the Red Super OAT Stuff you wont have to change it for 5 years
Green / Blue is only 2 years

Gearbox - Depending on millage - have the fluid Changed :)

Brakes - Check for wear/Scorching/Pitting
and a general Check around the underside of the car to make sure its all Free from rust / Leaks etc :)

Also Make sure there is plenty of clutch and brake fluid in the container :)

Ziggy

As spooky as it sounds, it's reaching it's 58000 mile, so deffo seems like a good idea with what you've advised, thanks for the tip, will make the list and dig deep into my pockets next week I guess...:confused:

oil Change aint that much

£25 for oil
£6ish for a Filter

if you have sump Plugs and Oil strap its quiet cheap

Same for the Antifreeze - its like £15 for conc Bottle - and water is free from the Everyday home :)

Gearbox - i recently got 2 bottles its like £7 for a Litre bottle
so £14 that again is quiet cheap :)

The Belts aren't expensive - but the Fitting is if you dont have a Cam-Belt Tools

Thermostat - £11ish from S4P not breaking the bank :)

Air-Filter £4

One thing i didnt mention was the Spark Plugs - There Like £4ish a plug, so £16ish

The total does go up - but it's all worth it :)

ziggy

You should be paying less than £2 for an oil filter on onew of these, unless you're buying them from Fiat direct. Try your local motor factors, or apply fora trade discount card at Halfords - you don't have to be in the trade, you can apply if you a re a member of a motor club, or even just tell them that you do a lot of diy car stuff and regualrly shop at local motor factors. This gives you big discounts on parts and also on tools.

You can get oil filters for £3 including postage from ebay. Halfords should be similar (or less) with a trade card. Air filters are £2.75. Makes sense to shop around if you are doing the jobs yourself as it all adds up :)

You can get oil filters for £3 including postage from ebay. Halfords should be similar (or less) with a trade card. Air filters are £2.75. Makes sense to shop around if you are doing the jobs yourself as it all adds up :)

Halfrauds are the most expensive motor factor suppliers outside the main dealers.

try partco of General traffic or now GSF are doing Fiat also.

As for oil. ASDA 4 litres of GTX for a tenner. also GSF £16 for semi Synth.

£25 is high.

Halfrauds are the most expensive motor factor suppliers outside the main dealers.

try partco of General traffic or now GSF are doing Fiat also.

As for oil. ASDA 4 litres of GTX for a tenner. also GSF £16 for semi Synth.

£25 is high.
that asda Oil offer has finished for 4 litres for a 10er :(

However - They are now doing 1litre bottles for £3
Which is 4 x £3 = £12
£8 less now then the £20 per bottle - only £2 more then there really good offer :)

Ziggy

£2 - you joking right?

halfords are about £8 for a filter
Uni-part near me want £5.50ish

Eitherway - They are still dirt Cheap - just replace it with the oil

Ziggy

Just a quick update - bought an oil filter today from halfords for my 1.2 8v punto: trade price = £2.79

:D

Back