Technical Servicing a 1.6 - best plugs & oil?

Currently reading:
Technical Servicing a 1.6 - best plugs & oil?

re: Servicing a 1.6 - best plugs & oil?

BOSCH Super4 Spark Plugs FR 78 X
Castrol Edge 0W 30

dont forget that fanks button

I've heard bad things about the Bosch Super 4's from past users. They all tend to recommend using the original NGK's that came with the car.

As for oil, it always tends to be a personal thing, but I always stick with the grade as recommended by Selenia's website for you particular model (not as recommended by Fiat). For instance, the 2.4 was originally recommended to use Selenia 20k (10w40), they now recommend Selenia Racing (10w60)...

For the 1.6, that would be Selenia K (not 20k), which I believe is a 5w40.

NGK standard ones are the best and use Selena oil its the best for the car..Bosch are not as tolerant when and if fouling takes place whereas the NGK will take far more abuse..

bosch super 4's are BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD, original ngk's or ngk irridium, thats what i got now and its great;)

apart fro the cams and variator need relacing:bang:

bosch super 4's are BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD, original ngk's or ngk irridium, thats what i got now and its great;)

apart fro the cams and variator need relacing:bang:

Whats so bad about the super 4's ??

i only did the oil and filter this time around but ill be getting plugs for the next service at 50k.

ended up using 10w40.

so what plugs am i going for then ngk or densos?

The 1.6 isn't a racing engine, so stick to standard. Iridium is just a waste of money. Only 4 pots, no turbo, no NOS.

I also use 0,9 mm gap, as this cured some 1000RPM flat spot. I use Denso plugs though, but the NGK is propably spitzenklasse. You should always listen to the great O'Deckhair.

M.

Back