Technical Service interval reset for 2020 Fiat 500l

Currently reading:
Technical Service interval reset for 2020 Fiat 500l

Silverfox1911

Hi Everyone
I bought my 2020 Fiat 500l in September. It was due its 2nd annual service and I took it to my local garage. They are unable to reset the service interval. They told me that the their software does not work on my car and that I have to take it to a Fiat garage to update this.
The local Fiat garage have told me that they cannot update if they did not service it.
I asked that the problem(there must be a problem in communication with my car and the software) should be solved under warranty - its probably a bug in the software.
Then they told me that my warranty is void because I have taken it to a 'non' Fiat dealer (this is incorrect). They want to charge me £99 to 'look at the software' - but if its a fault in the car software then who is responsible.

Not sure why I should be paying for this.

So has anyone else had problems with Fiat software?

I am being fobbed off and getting fed up.

As your car is year 2020, i'm completely sure that the SGW module is already installed there. That means that you have no way to write anything (including the serive interval reset command) to your car's computer using unofficial software. That's why the free garage people could not reset this service interval.
This message will be annoing for a while but afterwards it will dissappear...
If you want to fight with a system, you may need two things: the SGW bypass module (ca $20) and Multiecuscan software (license ca $50, there were cracked versions too). Even with this your suscess is not guaranteed - your SGW module could be already built-in and the Multiecuscan recognises not all the versions of body computers...

Hello @Silverfox1911 :)

Yes you have been fobbed off..

For years people have joined this forum in a similar situation (often related to diesel engine warning lights)

The MES software is very good 'for Italian vehicles' but many garages struggle without it

Since @2018 there has been this 'gateway' system around..

My 2018 500 has worked ok with a 2022MES upgrade.. the UK distributor does help in these cases

Warranty:
Uk VAT registration of a workshop..and use of 'FIAT QUALITY PARTS' is the usual stipulation

Where are you based?

Charlie - near the M4

Back