Technical Service error messages

Currently reading:
Technical Service error messages

I had the 4th service done at the stealers this week. A few things have since occurred. First was a message service coupon expired. Also in the computer the miles to next service was showing 800!

I put MES on and noted that teh date entered against the service was 4th August not 8th April, so I changed it and it now seems to have lost the coupon message and still shows 4 services rather than 5 so maybe they just did the date format wrong. Getting the miles to next service was more of a job. The figure in the ECU is entered in KM not miles. I tried changing this but using 14875 did not work but did change it to 5000 in the car comuter. I went back and tried 15000km and whe n I looked the car then said 9000 miles and that not an accurate conversion. Latest is the cars computer saus its got 9001 miles to service!

I think I will throw my toys out of the pram shout at it kick it, throw my hands in the air, shrug my shoulders and walk away mumbling as per sterotypical Italian and see if that works! MA be Noop and I should not care about such things, maybe italian KM are like Norfolk miles. WHo knows

I had the 4th service done at the stealers this week. A few things have since occurred. First was a message service coupon expired. Also in the computer the miles to next service was showing 800!

I put MES on and noted that teh date entered against the service was 4th August not 8th April, so I changed it and it now seems to have lost the coupon message and still shows 4 services rather than 5 so maybe they just did the date format wrong. Getting the miles to next service was more of a job. The figure in the ECU is entered in KM not miles. I tried changing this but using 14875 did not work but did change it to 5000 in the car comuter. I went back and tried 15000km and whe n I looked the car then said 9000 miles and that not an accurate conversion. Latest is the cars computer saus its got 9001 miles to service!

I think I will throw my toys out of the pram shout at it kick it, throw my hands in the air, shrug my shoulders and walk away mumbling as per sterotypical Italian and see if that works! MA be Noop and I should not care about such things, maybe italian KM are like Norfolk miles. WHo knows
So 8th April = 04/08/2024 US style

8th April =08/04/2024 UK style

Someone's computer or head was running US format??

I got my local Multiscan guy to just disable all that service coupon expired business. I'm a low mileage driver and always have the car serviced and MOT-ed at the same time year, I don't need a countdown and/or to be nagged about it.
Yeah that. I think resetting the service to 9 keeps the message from appearing ever again.

gr J

Back