Technical seriously.. anything else left to brake

Currently reading:
Technical seriously.. anything else left to brake

arc

this is where i stand
:cry:

as if my tailpipe smashing off and setting fire to the bumper wasn't enough.. on the M6 today, my front passenger side engine mount fell to bits, and its damaged something somewhere because now my injector light is on - and when i was rejoining the motorway (after spending half an hour in the rain, at the services jacking the engine up and tieing it onto the strut brace with some tow rope), i reved it to around 4.5k and it spluttered at me.

Limped home at 60mph, parked it up and am not looking at it till tomorrow.

the injector light comes on with the ignition, goes off like normal, and then comes back on flashing. flashes for 30seconds or so and then stays on constant.

arc said:
:cry:

as if my tailpipe smashing off and setting fire to the bumper wasn't enough.. on the M6 today, my front passenger side engine mount fell to bits, and its damaged something somewhere because now my injector light is on - and when i was rejoining the motorway (after spending half an hour in the rain, at the services jacking the engine up and tieing it onto the strut brace with some tow rope), i reved it to around 4.5k and it spluttered at me.

Limped home at 60mph, parked it up and am not looking at it till tomorrow.

the injector light comes on with the ignition, goes off like normal, and then comes back on flashing. flashes for 30seconds or so and then stays on constant.

mine did that the other day, but after a few seconds, (5-10) it went back off again and i havent seen it since :confused:

Sorry to hear that.

On the other hand I'm glad I'm not the only one with problems :D

As much as I like my Sei BUT:

Once I fix something, something else goes wrong on the car.

arc said:

Looked at the tech. doc.?

It sounds unlike anything Ive ever heard of tbh...like a sensor doesnt quite fail on startup, but fails once under total load (maybe startup and POST loads on the sensors are different to the running loads.)

Realistically, what sensors are there that might have their wires strained when the engine surged backwards?

i suspect its a sensor unplugged. i seem to remember it doing flashing the light simiarly when i unplugged the charcoal canister.. had a quick check and that was still plugged in.
like i say, leaving it for tomorrow. right now i dont wanna even look at the car.

Your going back to that bad luck thing again buddy, nightmare.

Erm, don't suppose this could have affected the MAP as it is on that side and the pipe goes from engine (held up by the mount) to the ecu (bolted to the wing)?

Just a thought.

Could you get some pics, think mines is dodgy too.

Cheers

Liam

not checked the MAP sensor wiring. will look tomorrow

will take some pics for you Liam, but it has totally failed - as in its not connected to the mount at all anymore :s

angrydriver.gif

Back