General Selling the Stilo?

Currently reading:
General Selling the Stilo?

I've been thinking about the Stilo recently.... and keeping my eye on the market.

How come the market for stilo's is so bad at the moment? I bought mine 2 years and 9 days ago for £5000 roughly. :bang:

But looking from ebay and other 2nd sales, you would be able to pick up a 1.6 Dynamic for about £2500 average price. I reckon that I might be able to get another £400-£500 because of the sky roof.

Is this level of depreciation normal?

Sadly for the Stilo yes... Not deserved in my opinion. Bad Press, some say FIAT didnt pay the Motoring journo's enough of a back hander, others say the early Stilo's did nothing to build a good Rep on, others disagree.

Our 1.2 has been great except for the Airbag warning beeps... not uncommon but it is fixable.

How come the market for stilo's is so bad at the moment?

DSC000553.JPG

Laugh at that Hellcat!

But your right of course... then theres the mighty GPS's lol!!

GP and Stilo were a different class though. Bravo is direct replacement.

See same with any marque when a new model arrives. Just check the prices of Alfa 156s now the 159 is about. Can't wait for the 148/149 whatever they're going to call it - will make the 147 a snip :D

GP being Bigger now sits it much closer on internal dimensions to the Stilo I bet. My mate has a 156 that Jug and some others are helping get a cooling fault fixed on. They got that quite cheap I have to admit. 147 sounds cool too... that the one Jezza and Co were raving about on Top Gear?

How stupid I was to bought my JTD 4 months ago, paid 6k for it, now I can pack up the same car for 5K :bang:
OK, let wait for the 147 replacement, I will not made the same mistake again!!! :devil:

If you'd never bought a car then you'd never have lost any money would you.

Same principal as buying lottery tickets really :rolleyes:

Buy the bloody car to enjoy driving it - that's what I do :devil:

If you want to worry about your investments then try the stock market but it's a lot less fun :)

If you'd never bought a car then you'd never have lost any money would you.

Same principal as buying lottery tickets really :rolleyes:

Buy the bloody car to enjoy driving it - that's what I do :devil:

If you want to worry about your investments then try the stock market but it's a lot less fun :)

Its not about that really, I do enjoy the car!!!
Just looking at prices to see what I "could" get for it and it was less that I was expecting...

I love the interior if the new bravo, but I don't like 5 doors! :yuck:
But then it only me and the girlfriend. Rarely give lifts and no chance of a brat anytime within the next 20 years!!!
not impressed with the options either really. If you want a nice 1.9 sport one, you get very little extras. AND NO SKY ROOF!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I think it's a case of the "the grass is greener...".

Personally, I've got nothing against the Bravo but out of the two I'd sooner have the Stilo thanks very much :)

....and less knocking the 5 doors (you can't stay in your twenties all your life :p even if I do try :D)

Test drive it then give us your opinion,nothing to lose;)

The only problem with test drives are, is that you cant really "test" them. You can do grandad testing sure. But you they don't let you "open her up" *cough cough* on the motorway or tread just that little heavier on the accelerater :devil: :devil:

Back