Seicento Sporting Cobra Alarm & Immobiliser Q

Currently reading:
Seicento Sporting Cobra Alarm & Immobiliser Q

SchumacherSeicento

I apologise as I had posted this in the Seicento section before realising it probably should have gone in here.

Hello, after some great help with my ECU and coil problems (ECU on it's way for repair), I've obviously currently no ECU plugged in and I still have the battery negative disconnected.

My question is to do with the Cobra Alarm which is linked to the central locking and operated via the Cobra fob. As this was fitted by the previous owner I don't know the ins and outs of the system and am concerned that I might have a problem if the system is disconnected for a long period? I don't know if this has an immobiliser as part of the system also and if so bypasses the Fiat Immobiliser or is in addition to it?

Does anyone here have knowledge of these security systems and how they work?

Would it be safe reconnect the battery and relock the car via the alarm even though the ECU is missing? (car is currently locked manually via door locks).

Thanks for any help, Jon

Jon

Cobra alarm is aftermarket and no way integrates with Fiats ecu or immobilisor
It may have an immobilisor on alarm but you will find if it has it will not be operational so yes connect battery up all will be well just dont turn ignition on with things unpluged or you may get extra lights on dash :bang:

Back